View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
The chair thread 

I just ordered a WearEver L4 backpack lounger. I can use in in my shelter attached to my SUV in RV. Yippee! I was going to bring my hammock but that would be a challenge to drag down to the concerts.

Now, to read the List!

Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:27 pm

I use the Land's End Backpack Chair because it's the best thing I have found for my back and I can usually fit dishes and a few necessities in it.

http://www.landsend.com/pp/BackpackBeac ... gin=search

Downside is it's a bit heavy and a taller sand chair so I do have to make sure I don't park in front of anyone who is on the ground.

Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:39 pm

in your dreams - I noticed those therma-rest chairs too! I have no idea how well they work, but they're a pretty entertaining concept. I think it would irritate me to disassemble and reassemble the bed every night though (even if "the bed" is just a therma and sleepingbag!!)

Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:50 pm

yeah, clover, that's what I thought too. Although I could probably find an old, small thermarest somewhere and just use it for concerts. Rolled up it wouldn't take much space in my luggage. Hm, that might be the solution. Plus, I'm pretty handy with a sewing machine and could probably whip up that cover thingy with some rip-stop nylon, webbing straps, and a couple of buckles. Cost a lot less than $50, too...

Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:51 pm

I just bought this chair at REI during my vacation in DC! I love it!

http://www.rei.com/product/765272

It's very sturdy and has a shoulder strap for toting. It's off the ground but the back is lower than my neck. So it's perfect for me! I hope this is helpful! :)

Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:54 pm

in your dreams: I love the enthusiasm! That would be really neat if you created your own home-fabricated version!

Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:03 pm

OK Clover, now you've inspired me! * shuffles over to Freecycle to ask for an old Thermarest*

Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:07 am

I'm only sorry I can't be at fest this year to see it!! You'll have to post a photo link or something later!

Sun May 01, 2011 12:30 am

well, clover, so far no Thermarest. If my chair ever happens, you'll be the first to know!

Sun May 01, 2011 5:44 pm

I'd like to put a shout out for the REI Stowaway Chair as well. Last year was my first fest with it and I have to say it was absolutely worth the money. It's low to the ground but extremely stable and comfortable. Good grippy arms to help you get out of it. It fit in my luggage so flying with it wasn't a problem. I also received daily compliments on it. If you have the money to spend, spend it on this chair.

REI usually has a sale or coupons available. I was able to pick mine up for 1/2 price but I have to say after using it, I would gladly pay full price.

Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:21 pm

Oooh, oooh, I'll second or third that. I got an REI Stowaway chair and I've used it on its maiden camping trip, and it was awesome. I can't wait to use it at Night Stage! Very comfortable, and those grippy arms are terrific.

Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:50 pm

Oh, it does look lovely. So does this one: http://store.eurekatent.com/curvy-low-rider-chair It has a little side pouch for my binoculars and snacks, and I think I like the curvy arms better. Feels like I'm zeroing in the perfect packable chair - whoo hoo!

clover - I'm sad you aren't coming to fest this year. Hope to see you on the Land next year!

Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:39 am

does anyone have a chair that they want to sell or loan? I don't want to carry a chair half way across the world so if anyone has an old one they want to sell me. I don't care what it looks like and I'll pass it/leave it when I leave. I think I saw somewhere that they are for sale at the country store or something but always prefer to not buy new and save Mother Earths resources. Or perhaps I'll just bring a cushion?

Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:17 am

dawniefaye is offering to bring her extra beach chair; see the "things I'd like to borrow" thread in "What to Bring, What to Wear"

Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:39 am

I decided to build my 'chair' as a stool that I can use as my day pack out of a five gallon bucket... The bucket is lavender lol. I sit on them all the time at work.

Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next