View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
The chair thread 

Well, I bought the Eureka low-rider chair on Amazon, and it came today. It is GINORMOUS. Way bigger and heavier than I anticipated. (*Michele pouts as she prints out a return UPS label and heads over the the "Borrow/Loan" thread to ask for a chair*)

Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:42 pm

Hi ladies!

So I just spent two hours online searching for a chair I saw at fest and can't find it!!!!! It folds up to a backpack, has a pocket on the back and you sit very snug in it. It doesn't have arms. It really forms to your body. PLEASE help me if you know where to get this chair or at least what is called!!!! It is driving me crazy!!! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

See you on the land!
-Maria

Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:52 pm

maria wrote:
Hi ladies!

So I just spent two hours online searching for a chair I saw at fest and can't find it!!!!! It folds up to a backpack, has a pocket on the back and you sit very snug in it. It doesn't have arms. It really forms to your body. PLEASE help me if you know where to get this chair or at least what is called!!!! It is driving me crazy!!! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

See you on the land!
-Maria

I was not fest last year, but in my searches I saw these two - so, maybe?
http://www.slinglight.com/
http://www.beachmall.com/product/PT624/ ... tyles.html

Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:02 pm
Profile WWW

Those are not them but thanks so much! See you on the land!!

Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:51 am

Maria: Look at this one - http://www.amazon.com/WearEver-LR-4-Mes ... B000ETPG1U

Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:49 pm

I think this is the chair you are talking about Maria:

http://www.cheapstingybargains.com/9453 ... amp-chair/

I got this chair for this year from REI, fits in my day pack (and its PURPLE!!!):

http://www.amazon.com/Alite-Designs-Mon ... 719&sr=8-1

Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:16 pm

Quick questions. I found a chair at goodwill and it's not exactly a 'beach chair' like the ones that almost sit on the ground, but it is a bit farther off the ground and the back is higher... still not your average sized chair. Will this work for night stage? Also, I love to dance, so where shall I sit/dance so as not to p off anyone?

Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:44 am

I think the request is that your chair be no higher than 6 inches off the ground for night stage. If yours is a bit on the tall side, I would just be careful to make sure the people behind you can see. My chair does have a slightly taller back, and I try to be sensitive when picking out a spot.

If you want to dance, there is room on the right and left sides of the seating area for dancing. It's best to go there so that people still sitting can enjoy the show. You may want to put your chair toward the edge of the seating area.

Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:45 pm

Thx!

Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:38 pm

Hey CountryGeek-

Do you like the Monarch chair? I am concerned it might not be as "relaxing" as I wish because you have to hold yourself up.... but I am flying, so I need a small chair like that... any reviews you can provide would be great!

Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:48 pm

Yeah, what she said...

Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:48 pm

Anyone else have problems with the Kelsyus backpack chair? Aktidal says an arm ripped off of hers after 2 years of use. It's light (7 lbs) and relatively cheap ($29 or thereabouts), so I may go with that one. It reclines also, for those late nights at Night Stage...

Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:57 pm

I had the same questions about the Kelsyus backpack chair. Also, is there a way NOT to recline in it? The thing I have loved about my chair is that I can recline or not recline... but it won't fit on a plane.... :(

Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:01 pm
Site Admin

this is the one i want....
http://www.beach-chairs.net/weareverlr5 ... -7312.html
too bad i cant afford it and... no way to get it there on a plane. anyone have an extra one i could borrow ? tee hee.
Bb

Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:48 pm
Profile WWW

Hi,

I have the thermorest chair. I bought it one rainy (normal) michigan summer when I finally tired
of sitting up free in the tent (after 3 days) and found it in a backpacking magazine-think this is their first
one.

They are very comfortable. I like that I can sort of rock back in it too. I like it also that I can
sit up in "bed" for colder nights when I wish to read, write or whatever in a more vertical position
while having my legs in the sleeping bag. (If you are in a classroom for meditation or something,
they do squeak a bit when moving around on them...so not good for that when silence is required-
ie Vipassana)

I have the narrow one...and I pretty much leave it in the chair frame (only flat) most of the time.
If it is muddy out you probably don't want to put that flat on the ground. (I don't)

It isn't a big challenge to turn into a sleeping mat...need to add a touch of air, but I like to leave
my bed as a bed and ready to fall into when I want it, so I have other, wider, thermorest mats
for that. (They even have a band for hooking two together that is flat) I like the wider ones
for sleeping.

They do pack well. They are supposed to be stored open, flat. valve open.

I personally like the chairs here that also have a cup holder and a pocket for concert.
If efficient minimalism is your goal, (and comfort) this is a good choice.
sorry, don't have an extra.

Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next