View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
RV Thread: what to bring 

Hi rugercaptain! I plan on getting in line as early as possible. Last year it was around 7 am I think. Good thing about the Aliner, I can pop it up and go sleep inside for a while, definitely not a morning person. I don't know where I'm spending Sun night yet, where is the KOA you mentioned, maybe we could rendevous there. I'll be spending Sat night somewhere on the road from Virginia, after I drop off Dancer at her sleep over place.

I have an Aliner Classic and will put my tarp/screen room on the door side. I'm still thinking fabrication of the screen room because I haven't ordered the fabric yet.

I'm thinking about bringing a grill, but I definitely will be cooking at my site, at least breakfast because I'm an eggs and bacon girl, need plenty of protein in the morning. The vegetarian food is good at Fest! But if you want something like meat, you'll have to do that at your site or bring a cooler with you to Downtown.

I'm camping in Debauchery Lane, an in promptu part of RV. RV doesn't have a designated adult section, so we are making one. I plan to have a Debauchery Lane sign on my rig so we can find each other in line before going in so we all know where we are going.

Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:50 am

Blimey Hermione! Sorry haven't been on since I posted. Forgot it doesn't send alert to yahoo. Thank you for responses. We have general idea of where but ofc will play it by ear when we get there. Will be 23rd year ? I think...i keep losing track and 9th for my partner. We met at fest 8 years ago. We have been fulltiming for almost a year now. 22 states.I'm just hoping for shade. That is key. Thanks again.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:02 pm

Wildwomyn wrote:
Hi rugercaptain! I plan on getting in line as early as possible. Last year it was around 7 am I think. Good thing about the Aliner, I can pop it up and go sleep inside for a while, definitely not a morning person. I don't know where I'm spending Sun night yet, where is the KOA you mentioned, maybe we could rendevous there. I'll be spending Sat night somewhere on the road from Virginia, after I drop off Dancer at her sleep over place.

The KOA is located just north of Muskegon, about 35 miles south of the Land. We made a reservation for Sunday night. Should arrive there by 2-3 pm. Back-in water/electric sites are about 38-40 dollars/night.

I last attended Fest in 1992. Also went in 86-88, and 90. Rained every damn day in 87, shigella (sp?) outbreak in 88. Luckily, I didn't get sick and worked three shifts in the Womb (western medicine side) attending to womyn who were sick with what I call the "go-bloots." I was a rookie firefighter/EMT back then and it was a good experience for me.

I'm pretty much a meat eater now. I can go veg for two-three days, but after that I have to have meat. Bacon and eggs-->Yum! Scrambled tofu-->not yum. :-(

Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:10 pm

Decided to stay Sunday night in John Gurney Campground in Hart to be closer to Fest so when I get up early Monday I won't have so far to drive. So I'll be joining Festies on Sunday and plan to get there early afternoon on Sunday and relax. So who is staying at John Gurney the weekend before Fest?

Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:46 am

This may seem like a silly question but I'm going to ask it anyway. This year will be my first year sharing an RV with a group of womyn and I wondered if anyone would post their packing list. I know we have a forum started for packing lists but wondered how RV packing lists differ from tent packing lists. The RV is not mine, but since I've only tent camped in the past I'm not sure what all to bring. I've got a camp chair, cooler (meats to grill) and bringing along extras for the RV host (paper towels, toilet paper, handsoap, etc.) Any other recommendations?

Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:22 pm

Case of vodka
Ibuprofin

just kidding!

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:29 pm

Nefarious - already got that, anything else?

Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:26 pm

Don't forget insect repellant of choice. And sun block. Bedding (sheets pillow etc.).

Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:20 am

EVO i will have a crapton of natural insect repellant this year, I ordered some from a worker and will be happy to share with you.

Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:39 am

Thanks Nef and Wildwomyn!

Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:40 am

Evo it is much like tent camping. It is more a matter of thinking in those terms and subtracting from that list things like a tent, a tarp, etc. Then you can trade out things like your sleeping pad & bag for a pillow & blanket. After that you are limited only by you imagination and room in your RV for all the extras you can bring.

Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:27 pm

nefarious wrote:
Case of vodka
Ibuprofin
just kidding!

Beer. Wine. Whiskey. 7Up. Did I miss anything? ;-)

Seriously, I'll have to stop myself from really loading up the camper with stuff we likely won't use. Since this is my first time camping in RV, I'm tempted to bring along all the things I couldn't when I tent camped.

Actually, I just thought of a couple things for RV'ers. Enough wood boards and/or pavers for leveling, a tool kit/box, and any extra parts one might need to fix small problems. I'm going to bring along a drill and bits, too, just in case.

Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:23 am

rugercaptain- I need a detailed description of your RV so that I can help you use up all those items you plan to pack that you may not use. LOL

Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:14 am

EVO wrote:
rugercaptain- I need a detailed description of your RV so that I can help you use up all those items you plan to pack that you may not use. LOL

Aliner, like wildwomyn's camper. Pop-up that looks like an A-frame on wheels. Are we talking food and/or drink items here? :-)

Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:18 am

RC- I am mostly messing and joking with you, but perhaps I will bring over a few beers and introduce myself!

Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next