View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Portable Potties at your Camp Site...any suggestions? 

I used one of these in my tent last year. I now have a camper with a toilet/shower combo inside the camper. If anyone would want to use my portable potty, let me know and I'll bring it. I bought the Double Doody Waste bags that go with it and they worked really well. I just bagged in a disposable trash bag and put it into the dumpster every morning. You'll have to get your own bags to use with it. I'll be in RV. You can contact me at my contact info in my profile.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:51 am

Did anyone mention the Sh*tBox yet? I just stumbled upon it. Hilarious, but probably works great! They even have a smaller one for the kids!

http://www.campingwithsoul.co.uk/index. ... cts_id=214

Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:19 pm
Profile WWW

Having suffered with a tiny bladder most of my life, this is one question I have researched myself. I went to the paint store and purchased an empty one gallon paint can. I just take it to the Jane's in the morning and empty.

Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:53 am

bump

Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:34 pm

last two years I used a Folgers coffee container lined with a plastic bag. this year there are two of us, 5-gal bucket w/swim noodle for a seat, is how we are going this year :-)

Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:05 am
Profile WWW

Love that idea of the split swim noodle as a soft cushie seat on that hard bucket!

Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:34 pm

I had a Reliance Fold-To-Go, it folds flat about 4 inches and if a tri-pod design. They use the doodie bags, which I put into biodegradeable trash bags and took to the dumpsters as all is biodegradeable. This setup worked well when I didn't have a camper with a toilet. I gave it to my friend who converted a cargo trailer to a motorcycle/camping trailer and she didn't have any toilet setup.

http://www.amazon.com/Reliance-Products ... ble+toilet

Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:19 am

Please, Please, Please remember do NOT dump bags from your tent porta into a big porta. They cannot be sucked down the hoses that are used to clean the porta's. If you don't use bags in your tent then dump away. Just remember to be neat about it.

Thank you muchly,

suji

Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:06 pm

Another option for middle of the night peeing is to get some disposable chuck pads like hospitals and nursing homes use. Pet stores also sell them as "puppy pads," at a higher price. Just put one down, squat and pee as usual, wad it up, and throw it away in the morning.

Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4