View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Portable Potties at your Camp Site...any suggestions? 

Eww eww and double ewww

Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:33 pm

Have been investigating not only the means but the atmosphere! And being a good neighbor!

Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:06 pm

[quote="Butterfly"]this is what we used at night to avoid treks to porta janes. http://www.traveljohn.com/1-1-5.php

Had to laugh when I followed the link and read:

• Use as a foldable chair
• Include side storage pocket for accessories

Hmmm...sit on this at night stage? Would beer count as an "accessory"?

:)

Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:03 pm

And to add to what Babs said, EMPTY it the next morning for pete's sake. Damn, you'd think that would be common sense!

And to Belzmom: Yes multipurpose, multifunction. Saves on weight and space. Plus, you know, when you drink a lot of beer, you gotta tinkle a lot, so it will save you a lot of trips to the janes. Just lift the lid and go. (just kidding) :)

Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:21 pm
Profile WWW

ROFL....not that I would want to post photos without permission but it would be hard not to snap a photo of THAT at night stage and say "That's going on facebook" LOL

Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:59 pm

Tori, thanks for the tip about the shower tents. They are pretty steep in rpice so I think we may try to borrow an old tent for our toilet tent.
As for any possible smell.....my lady has a thing for cleanliness so she will probably clean and sanitize the tent daily.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:52 am
Profile WWW

i use a lg. kitty litter bucket, minus the litter.....i take a gal of water into jane with me and wash it in there

Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:14 pm

Every time I read this thread, I thank the sweet baby jesus that I never, ever have to pee at night. (Even in my 40s.)

What's my secret? This is how I roll:
From sun up through dinner, I chug water. Water, water everywhere. Tons and tons of water. During the day, I pee about every hour or so. After dinner, I'm done drinking. Just a sip here or there. Then I pee right before bed. And I'm good until I get up the next morning.

Also, I never drink alcohol on the land (which is why it's not a huge sacrifice not to drink during the evenings!)

Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:01 am

An easy toilet/shower/dressing tent is an upside down umbrella hanging with 2 shower curtains surrounding it. Use the shower curtain holes to hook to the upside down spokes of the umbrella. Cheap. Free if you have an old umbrella and two old shower liners/curtains you are not using. The only downside is you have to take it down if it rains, as it will hold rain rather than shed it.

Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:46 pm

For those who don't want to deal with big bucket-y things,nor stuff you need to buy, but need to pee at night (or when it's pouring rain), I suggest the big (64 oz) Nancy's yogurt tub, with lid. I've used that for many many years of tent camping. It's easy to flex it to be a splash-free fit, wipe and drop in the TP, clip the top on and place just outside your tent door, or some other place it won't get overturned. At a convenient time the next day, take it with you to the portapot to empty. I can just about do it in my sleep.... which is often the case!

Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:21 pm

Wow, colleen, it seems that you would be remiss if you did not contact Nancy to let her know that there are, in fact,
11 Fun Reuses For Nancyware...

http://www.nancysyogurt.com/newsletter/ ... index.html

just sayin'

Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:55 pm

OK, just sayin' that one of my favorite things about fest is those late-night/early-morning strolls to the Janes, appreciating the incredible sky full of stars, the quiet of the woods, the sounds of wimmin sleeping (or not!)....so no portable potties for me!

Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:54 pm

Savvy that is soo funny! Good idea.

Babs suggestion to drink less at night is really really good.

Unfortunately I have to drink all night. I am constantly thirsty no matter what and I even refill my glass of water in the middle of the night sometimes. I was blessed with pretty large bladder and don't usually have to go in the middle of the night at fest, although sometimes I have woken up earlier than intended to trek to the bathroom.

One other trick that me and my herbalists friends when we go on camping trips is Licorice. Not the candy the root. You can have licorice tea (like throat coat) or chew some licorice root. Licorice helps your body hold onto water and absorb it so you don't have to get up and pee. You may want to avoid licorice if you have high blood pressure though. Since I need to drink throughout the evening I will sometimes add a little licorice and marshmallow tea to my water. This seems to help.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:45 am
Profile WWW

Savvy thanks for the laugh regarding Nancy and the 11 uses for her container.

Colelea and all,
Licorice might help you hold water, but it is also a laxative so you might
end up skipping the loo for one thing and needing it for another.

Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:27 pm

bumpin

Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next