View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Hammocks - Are they usable on the Land? 

Thank you!!

Here's that YouTube that shows the hitch/knot to use to attach a hammock to trees in what I think is the best way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWhQfrep ... creen&NR=1

Mon May 14, 2012 8:39 am

Another thing I forgot to re-key, is that there are LOTS of places throughout the Land where the slope is too severe to be suitable for tent camping, but great for hammocks. If you find 2 suitable trees where your hammock will hang along the side of the slope, put your "door" on the high side of the hill, it is easy in and easy out for you, and your tent hangs better with you inside 'cuz the ground falls away beneath you. WWTMC Land is quite hilly and beautifully wooded, so there are lots and lots of suitable sites.

Mon May 14, 2012 10:04 am

Another thing I shouldn't need to say because it applies to all camping, but always, always, always; the first thing; LOOK UP before you set up. Ensure that there isn't a big dead limb up there or storm damage. These things can kill you, even if it is your favorite camping spot. One of my favorite ways to spend rainstorms is sitting on my cooler under my tarp, watching dead tree limbs falling down all around me. The tarp should protect you from smaller limbs, but really anything bigger than your arm can come down with surprising force. ((((((LOVE)))))) ((((((FUN)))))) (((((PEACE)))))

Mon May 14, 2012 12:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2