View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
do you have a tent I can borrow? 

Hi all,
this will be my first fest and i will be going alone. I was wondering if anybody had a spare tent they can lend me for the week. i'm a city girl and don't know the first thing about tents but according to Bab's tips, don't buy one unless you really have/want to. i will be hitching a ride with folks to and from fest so i won't have the room and i don't plan on needing a tent again (until next year!) so, if you have one and you wouldn't mind please email me at Abrazil at yahoo dot com

thanks so much

Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:00 am

if all else fails, all REI stores in chicago have tent and sleeping bag rentals.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:04 am

Tried to email you and it came back failed. If you cannot get a tent for fest keep in mind that there are also community tents you can camp in. They are first come first serve though.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:23 am

At my first fest in the 70's I had no tent but did carry two small tarps, clothes pins, line, and two pieces of netting (actually they were gauzy type curtain material) I strung the line, draped the tarp over the line and clipped it to the floor tarp, then clipped the netting on either end of the A Frame. My sleeping bag was a thermal blanket folded in three (letter style) - Hey! it was the 70's, but it worked quite well.

Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:02 pm
Profile WWW

I have a two person backpacking tent you can use. It is not something you can stand up in, rather sit up in. Plenty of room for gear. It is old, but you are free to use it if you wish. Contact me at d g i l n h 2 o @ gmail dot com if you are interested.

Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:21 pm

There is a board thread somewhere about womyn asking to borrow gear/items. You can also check there.

Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]