View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
Things I would like to borrow or share 

ejb - (shhh.... come closer... I have to whisper this so as not to offend the Saints crew.... the coffee at Saints is - well, they try.... I shall say no more....) And if you can buy a metal French press, you can put grounds in it before going to the 12-step meeting area and just put the hot water they provide in and voila - brewed coffee! (Sadly, they only provide instant crap - I mean instant coffee...)

sydney - Big huggies to you... I like making people smile... if you drink coffee, I may just share one of my iced lattes with you...

FrOOtilicious

Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:17 pm

Iced latte sounds good! Not sure about American coffee, sorry, but it always seems a bit watery (no offense intended) and wow, how big are takeaway coffees! If anyones making a machiato, I'm in.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:48 pm

EJB I'm glad i cd help - myown caffeine addiction is carbonated - can't tell u the lengths I've gone to in yrs past! Sad to say I wont be at the meet and greet - I think thisi is the first time in 26 yrs i'm not coming in on monday! Sorry to miss all you fabulous womyn!

Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:26 am

Hey Nefarious,
Bunny is bringing me a stage chair, but if you've got a spare camp chair, that's cool. No worries if you don't, tho. You're a sweetie for offering.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:36 pm
Profile WWW

Bumpity bump bump bump.. :)

Still flying.. still going to be looking to borrow or share..
My list remains the same..
-two stage approved chairs
-portable campstove with fuel or an invite to share BOLD coffee in the AM..
-and on my dream list returns the thermarest dreamtime mattress. LindaDee sweetly informed me that the one she lent me last year will be otherwise occupied this year.. That was spoiling me for sure. The thing was awesome. Combined with the warm weather, best sleep at Fest EVER!!!

Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:58 pm

Artemis, I hope somebody else has a Thermarest you can use!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. :)

Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:47 am

Artemis, I have a portable camp stove AND a dreamtime mattress with your name on them :)

Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:44 am

Artemis wrote:
This thread is for sharing and caring..

My personal need is to borrow one or two low back sand chairs that fit the stage seating guidelines. I fly now and that is one item I can't bring. Last year I bought two at Cuntree Store and ended up giving those away at the end. While I actually LIKE dropping money at Cuntree Store, it seems a little ridiculous to now buy chairs every year so until Cuntree store starts renting them for the week, I think I will prevail upon my sisters to see if anyone might be willing to let me borrow one or two for the week, especially if you arrive on monday. You can leave them for me at triangle when you load in and I can return them to you the following monday. Can any one help me out?

You know, dear sister, I have your chair from '10? ...I'll bet you forgot, huh? Give me a call and we'll talk camp stove too, since I'm going to be in RV (keeping fingers crossed)

Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:12 am
Profile YIM WWW

Artemis, I have a very nice approved chair that I've been trying to get rid of. You could borrow it if you promise to find someone other than me to take it home. I think it's REI, and your butt is on the ground (why I can't use it) and the "back" and the "seat" are connected by straps. It has back pack straps and a pocket.

Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:08 am

Wow! I am truly moved by the abundance.. I forget where resources lie sometimes, even within my own family, haha!!..many thanks!

Aler58, I DO want to take you up on your dreamtime mattress.. !!! So exciting!! Keep my name on it! Last year, when I borrowed LindaDee's, I connected with her and got her keys and went and retrieved it out of her car. She, understandably, didn't want to haul it all the way to triangle, nor should she have had to. We can coordinate what works for you as we get closer. I arrive monday and leave monday, but took her bed back to her by sunday afternoon. I'm flex.. and will discuss the campstove situation with justsummer, who is, after all, my ..

Smerfie sister!! I totally forgot I had you stored a chair for me... and EL, also part of my fest family of sisters.. glad to help you free-cycle! I will take you both up on it.. Chair problem solved..

Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:35 pm
Site Admin

Geez i should get in on this here... I realize that every year i scramble to try to find a chair i can use at the stages that i am able to get in and out of. What it needs is obviously to be off the ground, and to be able to hold a large size gal, be legal for stages and have armrests, i need these to get up. Does anyone have an extra they could leave for me at night stage traffic where i would leave for them to retrieve as well when fest is over?
Loving this thread.
Bb

Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:54 pm
Profile WWW

Hey Bb - I have a chair i can bring again this yr if you'd like - if last year's version didn't work for any reason, let me know - I have several to choose from.

Wow, I've never heard of the thermarest dream mattress before, but have been reading reviews after the glowing recommendation here. Sounds much better than my air matress which, while comfortable, sucks the heat out of my body no matter how many layers of blankets I use. Hefty price tag, but it sounds perfect.

I have extras of a lot of gear if other womyn need stuff. I'll be on the land Mon- Mon this year. I am also willing to store gear for womyn who are flying. A friend did this for me for 17 years I lived out of state, so I'm happy to return the favor!

Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:58 pm
Site Admin

Dawniefaye, if you have a good solid legal chair i can use, i am all for it. can you get it to nite stage traffic and leave it for me with my name on it? i will leave for you in the same spot after saturday nite concert.
Thanks so much.
Bb

Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:43 am
Profile WWW

Artemis, I'm on the DART crew so you can pick up the mattress at the DART office tent on Monday. Glad to help out.

Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:31 am

Will do, Bb.

Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next