Countdown to Festival:
Days  
Hours  
Minutes  
Seconds
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Countree Store Questions 

I'm not sure if anyone will know the answer to this, but... Do the tarps sold at the Countree Store have holes in the corners so that you can put rope through them and tie the tarp between some trees? Or should I be buying tarp clips ahead of time?

Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:27 pm

I haven't bought a tarp at the Cuntree Store, but I think most of those blue or green plastic ripstop tarps have rope holes on corners and some along the edges. . .and my experience is that it is always good to have tarp clips or some way to tie a rope somewhere other than the holes. . .Actually, I always use a "ridgeline rope" when I put up a tarp. . .tie rope between two trees, hang tarp over the rope. . .rather than use the tarp holes to take all the weight of the tarp. I've had LOTS of grommetted tarp holes blow out from weight/wind/etc.

Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:35 pm

Thanks, SKWD!!

Another question - does the Countree Store sell any kind of bucket or container that would be appropriate for washing clothes in? (T-shirts, underwear, socks)

Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:44 pm

Lunasea - I don't recall seeing buckets at CS, but to be fair, I don't work there. I'm just trying to think of other uses for a bucket, and I can't think of many, so it's unlikely they sell them.

If you do decide to do some laundry, simply bring one of those heavy duty, large capacity ziploc bags. (They sell them in 2.5 gallon, 5 gallon, 10 gallon, etc.) Just so long as you're relatively gentle with them, you can fill them with a touch of biodegradable soap and enough water to get the job done. We use these bags every year to pack our clothes in and they last us many years. They pack perfectly flat when empty, so they'd be ideal if you fly. Good luck.

Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:05 am

babs--where do you get the larger ziplocks? i was at a hardware store (large one) and they only had gallon size.

and seakayakwitchdyke--i am not understanding the "ridgeline" tarp-can you explain? seems a clothesline with a tarp on it would be hanging vertically...hanging down. or do you stake it with rope on the other sides to the ground? but then it would be sloping down on both sides, but maybe that is what is desired?

Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:41 am

Babs may have left for the land already. . .check a big grocery store for the big ziplocks. . .or Target or such. . .

By ridgeline, I mean the clothesline with center of tarp draped over the clothesline, stake the four corners out to trees or the ground, have corners/sides lower than clothesline. Imagine the ridgeline of a rectangular house/ranch house. . .that's what I mean by ridgeline. Basically, some way to have your tarp draped over a rope/clothesline instead of the grommets/corners taking the weight of the tarp. My guess is that if you need help tarping, there will be womyn around to help out. . .

Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:56 am

thanks skwd, that is clearer. :-)

Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:29 pm

I would check your local big box grocery, etc store by the other ziplocs. I've seen them here in Michigan at Meijer.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:37 pm

Does anyone know how large the tarps that cuntree store sells are? I am camping in an 8 person tent (don't know the dimensions) which will need a very large tarp to go over. Wondering whether to bring one of if I can get one there.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:14 pm

I would bring one just in case. That's what I'm going to do.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:41 pm

The Cuntree Store sells tarps in 6'x8', 8'x10', and 10'x12' sizes.

Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]