View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Tent Fan and Air Mattress Recommendations 

I leave for the Land in 13 days and I am trying to get everything together that I need to buy. Does anyone have a strong preference/recommendation for a tent fan? Also it is time to purchase a new queen size air mattress. Cost matters most to me but I would like something somewhat durable.

Thanks in advance!!

Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:18 am
Profile WWW

I own this fan: http://www.google.com/products/catalog? ... IsBEPMCMAU and it's really nice. Though we never use it for fest (just other camping) because we use fans for the noise and we enjoy the fest noises more. We got a different fan first, and that one broke right away. We've been using this one for four years, about three times a year and it's still in perfect condition.

Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:26 am

I have the coleman ceiling fan too. I really like it, though part of it did crack while it was packed- nothing I couldn't fix, but be careful when stuffing into a tightly packed space due to the shape. I have a big tent with 3 of us in it, so I actually have 2- the ceiling one and just a stand up one I can point at myself if it's really hot. If I had to pick 1 though, I'd totally go for the ceiling one.

Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:46 pm

I found the tent ceiling fan heavier than I like for my tent ceilings.

I have a couple of battery operated fold up box fans for camping

I think one of them I got at one of those major gadget stores...like Brookstone,
but don't see any like that there now. Maybe I will photograph mine tomorrow.

Whatever you get, I recommend you get the ones with the wider blades,
they do a much better job than the thinner blades even when there are more blades.

I don't see any like mine but this sort of blade is what I am talking about.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1260 ... 6256442702

I have a variety of fans, and the wide blade ones even when smaller than the thin bladed ones,
do a MUCH better job. I also listen to them in the store if that is an option as I do like it quiet.

(rather listen to the stream-when there is on, crickets, drums or whatever else is going on)

Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]