View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
air mattresses 

Hi All,
I'll be bringing an air mattress to sleep on. the thing didn't come with a pump. with no electricity or cars on the land how do womyn fill their air mattresses? Any suggestions on pumps if you use one would be great.

thanks so much,
12 days!!

Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:59 pm

Years ago, I used to use an old-fashioned air mattress with no built-in pump. Some people have the lung power to blow it up themselves, but I couldn't do that, so I bought a pump with a foot pedal. I don't recall where I bought it--probably a camping gear store. Check camping & sports stores to see if you can get that kind of pump. (I've since changed to self-inflating mattresses, by the way).

Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:09 pm

You may want to buy a battery operated pump or a rechargable air pump. If you grt a rechargable pump make sure it is fully charged before you leave for fest & it should be good the whole fest if you are the only one using it.

Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:21 pm

If you plan on camping in one of the densely populated areas, I'm sure someone will loan you one after she's finished with it. Or you can go on the "loan/borrow" thread and see if someone has one you can use for the week. This would probably be better, as your mattress my leak air during the week and need to be refreshed.

P.S. When I was having hot flashes, my battery-operated one blew lovely cool air on me; that was a bonus!

Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:10 pm

I have a Coleman battery operated one. If you hear a sound like a Hoover in the woods, that's the pump. Feel free to come borrow it. =D

Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:57 am

hey LindaD
you're camping in solos right? I'll be in solos. I'll just come borrow your air pump if that's alright.

6 days!! i can't believe it!

see you soon

Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:39 am

I'm actually not quite in Solos. If you go all the way through the Bread and Roses part of Solos until you're firmly into Bread and Roses (up the hill from Triangle), I'll be there! I'll have a big green tarp on poles, over a yellow REI tent. And a goddess flag swinging somewhere or other. You'll find me! And you're more than welcome to borrow the pump, every single day if you need to. It's so much easier than huffing and puffing.

Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:49 am

thanks so much LindaD. I'll come find you.

Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]