View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
looking for tent 

Is anyone downsizing? I am looking for one or two tents for some festie virgins who need a tent they can stand up in and also put a cot in. They do not have a lot of money to spend but really want to come to Michigan this year. I think they would be just as happy in one larger tent or two slightly smaller tents.

Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:06 pm

Also, can you share a tent story or do you have advice for first timers purchasing a tent?

Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:47 am

My advice is to search YouTube after (or while) doing research. It's amazing how many videos of specific brands there are. For somebody really new to camping, it can be very comforting to actually watch somebody put the tent together.

Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:37 am

That's neat, LindaDee. I wish I'd watched a video on putting up my new tent last year.

uusinger, you may also want to check out the Tent Thread in this section. There you will find reviews and recommendations from festies. It really helped me last year, when I was looking for recommendations. Have fun!

Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:21 pm

Thanks LindaDee and savvy...I'll pass this info on. I am hoping that at least one of them is already on the forum. I hope that we can borrow tents for them from friends, but we have to find tents that they can stand up in...

Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]