View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
any tips for working fest 7 months pregnant? 

My partner and I have been workers at fest for the last four years. We're working again this year, but this time I'll be 7 months pregnant. We live in the UK and most of our gear is stored in the US, but I'm looking for suggestions of anything different I might need this year to be a bit more comfortable on the land.

other than our basic gear of our main tent with air mattress, and then a smaller tent/ "closet"- I've added a solar shower (not for showering, just for hot water) and foot soak basin, a small comfy chair, and body pillow. Since it's my first pregnancy I know there are things I haven't even considered. So if you've been pregnant, or been at fest pregnant and have any tips, please feel free to share!!

Thanks!!

Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:44 am
Profile WWW

I was about 8 months pregnant with my oldest at fest, about 5 months with my second and about 3 months with my youngest, but I was not a worker for any of those fests. For me, the best thing was a comfy sleeping set up. Being able to get a good nights sleep made all the difference. Honestly I felt my best during my pregnancies while I was at fest!

Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:27 am

Stay hydrated

Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:57 pm

I don't know about pregnant, but I got a memory foam topper for my air mattress a couple of years ago, and it makes the whole set-up much more welcoming for my fest body. Maybe someone who's driving has one you can borrow.

Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:20 pm

Take catnaps whenever you can.

Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:32 pm

Thanks for the tips! Will definitely stay SUPER hydrated, take lots of naps- and OMG, can't believe I didn't think of a memory foam topper- will definitely purchase one to leave with our fest gear for the future!

Thanks lovelies!

Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:08 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]