View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Potty & Shower, Where? 

I was just wondering does the Michigan womyn's music Festival have Porta Potties and do they have showers?

If not would we be able to make a "makeshift" bathroom near out tent? (portable shower/lugable loo)

Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:55 pm
Profile YIM

Fest has both! There are "portajanes" all over the place. The showers are at various locations -- open-air showers, which is wonderful (with one curtained privacy shower at each location).

Some womyn bring solar showers and such, but I imagine the water hauling would be a pain.

Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:59 pm

Please remember all to use biodegradeable soap & shampoo.

Thank you,

suji

Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:14 pm

Hi Krych1986!

You might find this thread both amusing and informative.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6407&hilit=nancy

Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:52 am

I copied my own post from a previous thread here:

Fest Showers:

1) They are open air, meaning there are several inches of clean gravel to tread upon, wide open sky above, and the goddess's natural breezes to kiss you as you shower. (even more divine at night!)

2) They are communal, meaning you get to appreciate the beauteous diversity of every possible color/shape/texture/proportion/age/hair choice/inked art-- that make up the beauteous diversity of all womankind.

3) The accommodations are rustic but totally sufficient. Quite warm water, sometimes bordering on really hot. Each shower location has 8 to 10 shower heads, so at busy times there may be a bit of a line, but I've never had to wait very long. There is always at least one curtained off shower head, which some call the "shy shower". There is a narrow ledge to hold your shampoo/soap etc as you shower.

4) Before you get to the shower heads there is a dressing/undressing area, with clean wooden benches, where you can leave your clothes till you return all fresh and clean.

5) There are usually a couple spigots nearby, that you can use to refill your water bottle, wash your hands, duck your head under for a refreshing shock to the system, and some folks brush their teeth there. (please don't spit)

Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]