View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Looking for campsite suggestions. (Festie virgin/worker) 

Chubbabooba,

There are web crawlers here and posting your email address, unless you break it up with periods or write out "at" instead of using the @ will likely get you spam. Most of us do workarounds like that, or other weird things like writing out our addresses backward. I can find you though. Just check your facebook in a little while.

Fri May 04, 2012 11:38 am

Ooohhh, that's a good idear. Maybe I'll bring my second small tent and possibly set it up in a second spot. Thanks. :)

Tue May 08, 2012 7:51 am
Profile YIM WWW

Good to know Pocket Femme, thanks! I get spam ALL the time and barely check that one anyway. It's mostly for my FB and other junk mail.

Tue May 08, 2012 7:54 am
Profile YIM WWW

I would like to ask for a vote on where would be the most remote/quiet place to camp? I camped in Jupiter Jumpoff last year, but found the drumming to be loud. Year before Amazon Acres was pretty quiet... What do you womyn think is best for being able to get to sleep before 1am and sleep in after 7 or 8 if i want? I don't sleep very well at fest and it makes for a challenging day sometimes. thanks!

Tue May 15, 2012 1:33 am

littlerin--do you mean crone heights? looks like solanas ferns becomes crone heights as it gets closer to kitchen and acoustic stage. do you think that might be a quietest area? thanks!

Tue May 15, 2012 1:40 am

if you get too close to the kitchen, you'll hear the diesel generator on the reefer. I could hear that faintly in the distance when camping on the border of DART & Over 50 just behind the Womb/Oasis worker camping.

"Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time."

Tue May 15, 2012 1:33 pm

This is a tough question to answer for another person. I think you're going to find you have less time than you think to hang with your friends, and I'd say, "Why not YOU drop in on THEM instead?" If you end up with any kind of shift work, which I don't think you can avoid on Transportation, you're going to want to sleep, not have interruptions of friends dropping by. I also think that many on the crew might camp together so that the need for quiet sleep can be protected. I know that the Shuttle crew does that. In Workerville, the closer you camp to the Night Stage, the louder the reefer trucks are, not to mention that the whole area is pretty much between the Day Stage/August Nights Cafe (amplified sound 11:00 a.m. - 4p.m., and after Night Stage 'til 1:00 a.m.?) and the Night Stage. Workerville isn't quiet, but is mostly quiet of conversation and unexpected noises.

I used to camp in Amazon Acres, which should mostly be quiet, but sometimes wimmin who belong "in the Zone" might camp anywhere, so there are no guarantees of quiet no matter where you camp.

Amazon Acres isn't that far from downtown if you use Whistle Trail, but it is a loooooong way to the porta potties at night, and even looooooooonger to the handwashing area. You'll really want to keep a water supply near your tent.

I'd say, don't get married to your campsite on the day you arrive. Maybe don't even fully unpack until you've had a chance to scope things out.

The first year I camped in Amazon Acres, I was the first to set up camp on a hill. Then I went downtown for a couple of hours, and when I came back, it took me a long time to find my tent, because so many others had set up around it, I couldn't even see it. If this happens to you, you might want to pack up and move out farther. Just be flexible and open. You're going to have the time of your life!

Tue May 15, 2012 2:36 pm

The area behind oasis is where I have camped the years I have worked. My early years att fest was all dart with my mom. First year working i did workerville good for sleep. but away from stuff.... good luck with your choice!!!

Tue May 15, 2012 9:22 pm

I second the suggestion to try not camping with your friends and instead drop by their camp when you have time. Between working and getting all of my needs met (meals, showers, etc) I don't really have tons of time. Workerville is a quiet zone 24 hours during Fest because workers have such disaparate schedules and I find it is pretty quiet and nap friendly. I camp 5 minutes away from the Belly Bowl in the woods somewhere and it is wonderful.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:01 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2