View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
CPAP-using first timer here. How does that work? 

Hi folks,

I use a CPAP, and will require electricity for my machine.

Do I need to camp in DART to access electricity? How does that work?

Thanks!

Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:51 am

You have two good options.

The simplest is to camp in Downtown DART, where you can plug in your machine. Bring your own 50' extension cord.

If it is important to you to have lots of space or to camp in a very quiet location, you might want to look into the other option, which is to run your machine off a battery. Every morning, you bring the battery to the DART office to charge, and every evening, you take it back to your tent. I suggest that, in addition to the battery, the charger, and the inverter, you also bring something like a milk crate with which to cover the battery and inverter (while still allowing good air circulation) while they are in use in your tent so that no one can give herself a shock by touching it accidentally during the night. I'm not sure whether this option would require DART registration, so if you're thinking of using a battery, you might want to call the festival office to check.

Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:02 pm

Hi Hedge & welcome to Fest. You need to register to camp in DART. They have a specific area where the electric to plug in a C-PAP is available. You need to bring your own outdoor extension cords or you may want to check out getting a marine battery to use. I have heard of some wimmin doing that. You would still need to register for DART so that you could recharge the battery if you decide to go that route.

suji

Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:20 pm

I fly and needed something small for that and would last me 3 nights without recharge for other off grid camping. I have a PR System One 60 Series and without humidifier I am getting 3 nights with a little left over. I think I can get through fest on 1 or 2 charges. I register with Dart so I can charge it during day when I need to.
Shop around, they can be found cheaper if it is something you would be interested in.

http://www.amazon.com/Battery-available ... ap+battery

Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:06 am

Like aktidal, i bring a portable power source which I can get 3 days from and register with Dart for charging. Since I don't require the other services Dart offers, I prefer to leave the camping space for women who need it more than me, so I tent nearby and bring my power source there every few days. Thanks for the reminder to register :) I almost forgot that step.

Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:46 pm

I purchased a portable battery pack for use with my CPAP at fest a few years back. It worked great. It held a charge for 2 nights, and I was able to charge it in the DART office. Then I was unable to attend fest for 2 years due to health issues. I stored the battery for those years, and when I went to use it again, it would not take a charge. It was a lot of money spent on something I was only able to use for a year. If I had been in better health, it may have occurred to me to get it out of storage, recharge it, and use it on occasion, and the battery may have survived.

Now I bring a power cord and sleep in DART. I would sleep in DART either way, I just have to make sure to sleep in the section near the power source now.

Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:51 pm

I have mild to moderate sleep apnea and decided to use Provent, a disposable device requiring no wires or electricity. You may want to look into it if you do not have a severe case. Very convenient for travel!
http://www.proventtherapy.com/index.php

Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]