View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
questions about flying 

Yeah, I try and make sure my bags clock in around 40-45 lbs. I use an old pair of wheels for my duffel bag of gear too (I bungie my bag to those wheels), because the internal frames of the rolling duffel bags add a lot of weight to the bag itself. I carry the wheels with my chair and daypack as my carry-ons.

One rolling suitcase (which is ultra light for it's size) iof clothes and that duffel bag of gear bungied to wheels with my day pack on my back and my chair slung over my shoulder (or over the handle of my suitcase) and I can get to/from any shuttle alone on my own power in one trip.

Pro tip: Make sure the wheels on your bags are big enough to make it through the wood chips on the paths or you'll be dragging them instead of rolling them

Mon May 19, 2014 6:51 pm

I second Hammi's comment about things being heavier on the way home-- I've found I had several pounds of damp and dirt. But another reason not to pack to the max is so you can buy some cool stuff from our talented Craftswomen! A chance to buy gifts for future occasions too. To save space for purchases, I'd pack a wad of bubble wrap. If I bought something fragile, it could protect it. Otherwise, I could share it with someone else who needed it. About the only fairly heavy thing I was glad to have with me were my rubber boots. The lighter you pack, the gladder you'll be....

Mon May 26, 2014 10:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2