View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Is there a place at the showers to leave towel etc? 

I can't remember if there is any place or if it is okay to leave a towel hanging somewhere? I camp pretty remotely, and would be so much easier than schlepping stuff back and forth.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:20 am

Not really - everyone carries their shower stuff back and forth from their campsites each time. I've seen towels draped on trees branches at the showers there's no organized space to leave your things there for the week.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:57 am

I have put it in my feed back form for some years now. I used to say we need frameworks to hang dinner bags and shower bags (workerville has them) Imagine my delight when a few years ago the dinner bag frame works showed up!!! They really listened to me!!

Still no such luck at the showers.

It may be discouraged, but I leave my shower gear on the ground directly beneath my towel which is draped over the stake and string fence around the water works. I simply cannot take that many steps during the day. Go all the way back to the tent to fetch what I need, off to the showers, then return the stuff back to the tent, before going off to whatever is coming next, probably in the opposite direction? Just can't do it. I camp as close in to everything as I can, by DART, but it's still a whole lot of walking for me.

Here's my pitch for everyone who supports the idea: Please mention it in your feedback forms! We know Fest loves us, this is what would really make us happy, pretty please?

Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:16 pm

Many womyn leave their towels hanging on the string that fences in the hot water heater (I'm talking RV/Zone). I'm sure it's not good for the string or fencing and I often wonder how many towels get used by other womyn? I know that if you leave soap/shampoo in the shower it gets used by many. But my largest concern would be rain, wouldn't you want to have your towel at your site so you can put it inside when it rains?

Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:27 pm

The "towel" I use at Fest is a chamois--made of real suede from a chamois goat. You actually have to get it wet, then wring it out, before you can use it to dry off. If we had shower bag frames to use, folks could put their towel in a dry bag. I keep my soap, scrub brush, flip flops etc in a grocery bag. I'm not too concerned about the health of the string fence, tho I don't spit tooth paste in the ferns, or weigh down the trees or bushes.

Last edited by EL on the Board on Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:42 am

sorry, double post, can't seem to find how to delete.

Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:55 am

Trafic, I agree with you, it makes the shower area look messy. I do have to giggle, though, as your tent is what? 100 feet away from the shower? Ha ha!

Can we please have towel trees? Like the dishes contraption?

Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:54 am
Profile YIM WWW

KirkMercedes, not quite sure what you mean. The showers are certainly not traditional, but they are spectacularly wonderful imho.

1) They are open air, meaning there are several inches of clean gravel to tread upon, wide open sky above, and the goddess's natural breezes to kiss you as you shower. (even more divine at night!)

2) They are communal, meaning you get to appreciate the beauteous diversity of every possible color/shape/texture/proportion/age/hair choice/inked art-- that make up the beauteous diversity of all womankind.

3) The accommodations are rustic but totally sufficient. Quite warm water, sometimes bordering on really hot. Each shower location has 8 to 10 shower heads, so at busy times there may be a bit of a line, but I've never had to wait very long. There is always at least one curtained off shower head, which some call the "shy shower". There is a narrow ledge to hold your shampoo/soap etc as you shower.

4) Before you get to the shower heads there is a dressing/undressing area, with clean wooden benches, where you can leave your clothes till you return all fresh and clean.

5) There are usually a couple spigots nearby, that you can use to refill your water bottle, wash your hands, duck your head under for a refreshing shock to the system, and some folks brush their teeth there. (please don't spit)

6) As I said, I just with there were a place to store your toileting items.

As to lake/river nearby, alas, no, not really. The area has a few nearby lakes, (check out a map) and of course Mother Michigan is less than an hour away--Some festies make a point to go visit Her before or after. Some even during the week, but that means a trip out to the parking lot, and to me it's not worth it.

Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:15 pm

EL--KirkMercedes is obviously a troll (did you notice the highlighted website address at the bottom of his post, as well as the fact that he's brand-new to the BB?). Don't bother to give a serious response to such posts.

Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:38 pm

Ah ha--I was going to alert LD to the troll after I read everything, but it looks like she already eliminated that post (which makes my previous post and EL's seem kind of strange, responding to nothingness).

Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:51 pm
Site Admin

want me to delete your posts too then?
sorry, i am on to the trolls.
Bb

Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:39 pm
Profile WWW

Elaine W and LD, thanks for watching out for us. After I'd posted I saw that K/M had just joined that day, which was suspicious, but no, I didn't notice a highlighted website addy. Thanks again.

LD, I kinda enjoyed writing my post, so leave it, please.

Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:45 pm

LD--you can leave my posts as well--it makes for a delightfully weird festie conversation.

Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:26 pm

bump

Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]