View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Jewish Womyn & Friends 

Doesn't someone from Worker's Kitchen usually bake a challah? If I'm remembering right, we usually have 2-3 challahs ...

Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:38 am

Hi wonderful Womyn:
Such Shabbat teamwork! So I don't know how to cut and paste. But here's my understanding of what is happening:
Anna is bringing a lot - thank you: big box of candles, bin cover, challah cover, Kiddush cup, candle holders, tzedakah box, and Havdallah stuff.
Challah is coming from unitynme, and from Gina. Barb, I don't know if Kitchen still supplies one. And anyway, there is never too much challah!
Dova is bringing grape juice -- sparkling even!
I will bring a lighter, the foil pan, paper cups, and some readings, and maybe some songsheets. I also am bringing our Festival candle holders, and I have rigged up something to get them standing up again.
Anna, I'm glad you are bringing a Havdallah set. Alex normally has it, but I don't know if she will be available to join us this year with her work schedule.
PLEASE, EVERYONE, if you have a reading or song you'd like to do in the Service, please bring it with you, and come to the planning meeting Thurs lunch or Tues after Accoustic to the Jewish meet/greet.
Looking forward to spending Shabbat, Havdallah, and the whole week with all of you!

Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:06 pm

I hope everyone is home safe and sound, and has started getting the sand off their feet. Thank you to everyone who participated in the Shabbat and Havdallah services this year. I especially appreciate the those of you who came to the planning meeting (Samantha, Sherrie, Lynn, and Azaria), my partners in leading Shabbat -- Lynn, Anna, and Azaria, and Anna for leading Havdallah (sorry I forgot the handouts, Anna). We would like to put together a Siddur (prayer book) for us -- Judy's terrific idea. It would have two parts, probably -- a permanent part with the feminized prayers, the songs we often sing, and basic info, and a section in a binder with readings that could be used. So, if people would like to contribute to this, please contact me at ballesbina@excite.com.

Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:13 pm

Oops. I forgot some thank you's -- guess my brain had sand in it too. Judy was also part of the planning meeting. Our plentiful Challah came from Lynn and from Gina. Our wine from Lynn, and our grape juice from Dova. I also want to both thank and apologize to the womon who gave our group a beautiful Kiddush cup -- it was sitting out on our bima, but I forgot to use it in the moment of Kiddush. It is my understanding that this cup was a family piece, which an anonymous womon wanted us to have -- and of course, to use, for our Festival Shabbat -- what a beautiful gift.

Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:57 pm

Wishing all a L'Shana Tova. May this one be blessed & good for all.

suji {{{ hugs }}} to all

Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:55 am

suji wrote:
Wishing all a L'Shana Tova. May this one be blessed & good for all.

suji {{{ hugs }}} to all

And to you too Suji. Hopefully next August you'll be at fest.

Dova

Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:51 pm

Hi Dova, one way or another I'll be there.

suji

Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:18 pm

Congrats on your Crew position Spark!

Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3