View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Jewish Womyn & Friends 

unitynme wrote:
I'd pitch in $20 to help a fellow clergywomyn get home! I know it's not much, but I bet there are others who would also pitch in!

If you're able to offer some $$, that would be terrific. It's been a really difficult year. I need to be at FEST, need to re-charge, need some TLC.

Anna
AKA Rad Rav
maranta.anna@gmail.com

Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:35 pm

annamiriam wrote:
unitynme wrote:
I'd pitch in $20 to help a fellow clergywomyn get home! I know it's not much, but I bet there are others who would also pitch in!

If you're able to offer some $$, that would be terrific. It's been a really difficult year. I need to be at FEST, need to re-charge, need some TLC.

Anna
AKA Rad Rav
maranta.anna@gmail.com

Anna, I'll be able to do that after payday on Thursday! I've put in my phone reminders so I don't forget :-)

Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:00 pm
Profile WWW

Hi everyone, Aradia here.

I am really glad and thankful to see that Beth and hopefully Anna can step into the service/leadership role for our community shabbat. I only wish I could come forward as well but this year my health is worse than ever and I don't want to take on responsibilities that I may have to bail on. What I can do minimally is lead some of the prayers or songs during the shabbat, if needed.
I can sing or lead most songs & prayers in the feminine /Goddess version. For those who have attended shabbat in the past, you may remember me from the Barechu/ Dear One/ Shechina prayer that I have led in recent years. I also have many of these prayers written out in various siddurim, some of which are in word files that I could email to anyone who is interested.

About the question of timing for Lecha Dodi, I bet we could just continue with other prayers and wait on starting that until we hear the sound of the Femme parade approaching.

One other thing, I recently wrote a very sweet melody for the traditional poem that translates into english as "the sun on the treetops no longer is seen, come gather to welcome the shabbos queen". I would love to play that on the guitar and sing that either as a niggun in the beginning and /or later in english as well. The style of the music is hasidic.

Finally, is there anyone driving to Fest who could manage to bring a guitar for me? I expect to spend so much of my time in DART, I would really love to have a guitar & just plunk down in the DART "living room" tent with the guitar & sing, but I can't bring my own due to flying from Vancouver.

Blessings to all my sisters... take good care until we meet soon amongst the ferns :-)

Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:42 pm

Aradia,

Glad you're coming. I hope you lead the barucha as you did last year. Anna is coming so I'm assuming she'll be one of the leaders since she said she would if she came. Of course I will see you in singing in sacred circle ( the best place to receive healing for me).

Dova

Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:10 pm

I can help with services. My email is amsteinhardt@gmail.com

Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:39 am

what is your favorite wine for Shabbos?

Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:32 pm
Profile WWW

Hi All,
I am so happy to see all these comments here. It feels as if we have a good-sized group to put together a wonderful Kabbalat Shabbat service.

Aradia, I am glad to see you here and look forward to your leadership.
Amystein, Looking forward to meeting you.
Dova, Looking forward to seeing you again!

I know that there are others who offered to put together this service for Fest, but, sorry, I don't know how to get back to the previous page and not lose my post, and don't remember everyone who has responded. I remember that someone has booked time and space to meet, and to also hold the service - thanks!

unitynme, do we offer both wine and juice at kiddush? I prefer white, but will have a small amount of anything offered but Manishevitz.

what has been done about challah in the past? Is it possible to bring some frozen, and keep it for the week?

What else do we need to bring? Message me via email maranta.anna@gmail.com

Looking forward,

Anna

Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:07 pm

Anna: Wine has usually been whatever womyn volunteer to bring. I brought grape juice last year and volunteer to bring it again this year.

Dova

Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:45 pm

I went to Ludington Friday morning last year and got challah at Meijer. I checked with Hart bakeries first and they looked at me like I had three heads. Maybe I'll make a few calls ahead of time this year. I'm sure frozen would be fine, but I'm going to see about ordering from a local bakery.

As for the wine, I'll bring a bottle of whatever anyone wants.

Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:40 pm
Profile WWW

Hi All:
I just finally got back on the website and read these posts. So here are my thoughts:
Everyone interested: Please join us for lunch and planning Thursday 11-1 near the kitchen. If there are favorite readings that you think would be good for our Service, please bring them with you to the planning session.
Alex: If I've caught you early enough, please bring our challah cover and Kiddush cup, and of course the binder of the readings and outline you have used.
Anna: Glad you are coming. I look forward to planning and leading with you. Please bring any ideas for readings.
Amy: Thanks for your email address. I obviously haven't been on to read anything and do any planning.
Hedge: Please DO bring your guitar and play for us. If you can, please come to the Thursday planning session to discuss what songs we will use.
Aradia: Sorry you aren't feeling well. Yes, of course we want to do your new composition! Please bring the feminine prayers/songs, either in paper copies or else we can print them up on a big easel board. But I'd love for there to be some copies so people can take them home -- this is something that many of us aren't exposed to anywhere but Fest. I don't have a guitar -- and I would probably not be able to squeeze one into my car if I did -- hope someone else can help you out here.
Everyone: Who can bring what? We need: wine, juice, paper, and challah.
I look forward to seeing you all there. Thanks for all the help!

Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:39 am

I've contacted the bakery at Hansen Foods in Hart. They will make us fresh challah I just need to let them know how many we want :-) I will be glad to go into town and pick it up. So, how many do we want?

Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:29 pm
Profile WWW

So, we are less than two weeks away and my planner brain is in overdrive... what do we have? what do we need?

Please indicate what you are bringing:

a large box of 72 candles
a candle-lighter
a disposable foil baking pan to fill w/sand for holding the candles
cups
grape juice
wine
some kind of Rubbermaid bin for the bimah
a cloth cover for said bin
Shabbat candle holders
challot (I will order from 3 from the bakery in Hart & pick them up Friday morning)
challah cover
Kiddush cup
a tzedakah box
and prayer books/song sheets.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:49 am
Profile WWW

I've bought kosher sparkling grape juice (1.99 for sparkling compared to 7.99 for non sparkling) to bring.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:18 pm

unitynme wrote:

Please indicate what you are bringing:

a large box of 72 candles - Anna M
a candle-lighter - Beth
a disposable foil baking pan to fill w/sand for holding the candles Beth
cups Beth
grape juice- Dova_Mamabear
wine
some kind of Rubbermaid bin for the bimah
a cloth cover for said bin - Anna M
Shabbat candle holders - Anna M, also Beth is bringing the Fest ones
challot (I will order from 3 from the bakery in Hart & pick them up Friday morning)- Gina is bringing 2 homemade as well
challah cover - Anna M
Kiddush cup - Anna M
a tzedakah box - Anna M
and prayer books/song sheets.
some readings, and maybe some songsheets Beth

Havdalah candle, and spices/or smudge - Anna M

Last edited by unitynme on Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:05 am, edited 3 times in total.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:34 pm
Profile WWW

TUESDAY EVENING JEWISH WOMYN'S MEET & GREET?!?

Is there an interest in having a Jewish Womyn Meet & Greet on Tuesday evening following Accoustic Stage? We've done this for the past few years at Alix's red tent, but with that gone, we could hold it informally in the DART Workshop Tent.

If y'all want to get together for a nosh, I'll bring cookies and post the event on the UNOFFICIAL Events list here and on Facebook.

What do you think?
Barb

Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next