View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
DRUMMING ON THE LAND!!! 

(cross-posted from fb threads)

DRUMMING ON THE LAND!!! Yes, dear sisters, there will be LOTS of drumming the land. A first-time festie was directed in my direction and asked about it. So here's my spiel - if you've never put your hand on a drum, wished you could drum, never had the opportunity to drum, have a drum but have never learned how to play, didn't feel safe, are a closet drummer, dashboard/desk/other surface drummer, etc., this is your opportunity to drum, drum, DRUM!!! There's a variety of drum workshops available, by various drum teachers on the land. Don't have a drum? Well, I do have a few loaners available at my workshops, but get there early. Not sure if there will be drum vendors in crafts - let's chat about it now and see what we can work out. I will be teaching Hand Drumming for Beginners, Drum Circles for Beginners (yes, there is a difference), Intro to Drumming for Bellydance (Middle Eastern Drumming), will facilitate some night time drum circle action at the Triangle after nightstage concerts. I think sister Pele will be offering some drumming opportunities - Ubaka Hill will be offering Drum Song Orchestra (I will provide a few loaner drums for DrumSong) and other workshops, and so on. Soooo - whaddya say? Let's connect through our hearts, hands, and souls!! Ask questions, make comments - would LOVE to hear from y'all!!

Love,
drummerchris

Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:23 pm
Profile YIM

Hi DrummerChris

Let's start with the difference between hand drumming and Drum Circle for beginners please and thanks

Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]