View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
what fest is this for u 

This will be #9! In a row! I went all alone my first year...I didn't know anyone who had even HEARD of fest (I read about it in the book Cunt). Everything I knew about fest I learned from these forums. :)

Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:33 am
Profile WWW

9th. Started in 2004 during a move from Portland Oregon to Connecticut. We were packed to the hilt and people in line kept warning us that we could not ride our bikes on the land. We really had very little camping equipment compared to what we bring now. We knew nothing of fest other than I wanted to go to a womyn's music festival. It is so much more than that!!!

Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:53 am

i have been to 32 in a row, so this will be my 33rd -- it does not seem possible. fest has been a part of my life way more than it was not! the first time i went wil an ex-gf. i have been every year since & she has been to several -- she may bring her family again next year. fest feeds my soul

Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:54 am

This year will be #24. Started in 1989---the year before, some friends of mine made a "too poor to go to Michigan" video, with them sitting in a field, running to put down their tarps to listen to music, etc. I'd never heard of fest....had the same reaction as you did, El on the Board...."why did I never hear of this before?" Guess it didn't occur to my friends to mention it before to this friend (who lived with a man). I asked a million questions....and went the very next summer...and was hooked. Have missed only 2 since, once when working as a "VIP" (Volunteer In Park) at the Badlands in SD, and once when attending a wedding that conflicted with fest. Even recovery from a torn rotator cuff couldn't keep me away. Can't imagine life without fest...it's where I regroup, refresh, renew, and enjoy my favorite things (wimmin, womyn's music, womyn's movies, camping & nut loaf). I feel strong at fest; I learned to drum there, to line dance, Israeli Dance, sing in the Baltic style, love my body and bare my breasts. I met friends from around the country that I treasure. (Can we go tomorrow?)

Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3