View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Solo Collective questions 

i think i'm going to camp in the "solo collective" area next to Juniper Jumpoff. i haven't camped there b4 and i'm wondering if there is flat(ish) areas and trees for tarps. How far is the solo collective camping area from the Triangle. Also, is there an easy way or short way to get to the kitchen area?

Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:08 am

Flatish, yes, but I'm from the flatlands, so nothing at Fest seems "flat" to me.

Solo Collective camps on both sides of the line btwn Bread and Roses and Jupiter Jumpoff. (so Solos can be in a clean and sober space or not) It is almost directly across from the Traffic tent at Triangle. (Solo Collective is not a designated camping area. The Solo Collective are the womyn on this board. Some years ago, they decided that they would try to camp together, and there is where they agreed on)

Sorry, no secret short cut to the kitchen. The fastest way is right along Lois Lane. (Cross Town surrey gets you there) Some say Easy street is a shorter route but, in my opinion, it is not. And anyway, for my feet, the path is harder to navigate than the asphalt, and there are hills that way!

Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:57 am

you can take a beautiful path "waterway" behind One World tent, up the hill to the showers at WOC/GAIA - it's much more relaxing than following the flow of bodies on the main road. Then you can walk the rest of the way or catch the shuttle at the bus stop at Over 50's right across the street from the showers.

Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:06 am
Profile WWW

There's also a nice little shortcut to the kitchen through Over 50s on a path called Womb Way.

Also, the solo collective is on a bit of a hill, but you can reach the flatter area at the top, depending on how far back you're willing to go.

Safe travels, and Happy Fest!

Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:55 pm

I have a 16" platic tool box I can bring for snacks. It latches on the front and has eye for a lock, I was thinking one of a tiny climbing hook? or even a extra strong twisty tie could hold it closed. I'll bring it just in case.

Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:18 am
Profile WWW

short cut to the kitchen - there is a shortcut, it's a little steep at first, but after that it's a nice walk through the woods. It's almost a direct shot cutting diagonally from the triangle to the kitchen. Climb the hill behind the bench across from the triangle, at the top, after about 50 yards you can veer to the right, keep veering right when you get to intersections and you'll end up on easy street near HOH camping, almost to the kitchen. I'll be at the triangle all day Mon if you want I can point you in the right direction. Ask for 'the other Karen'.

Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]