View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Camper Come Early - Details and Info, please 

Hello, Sisters!
My wife and I are interested in doing CCE next year, but we are not sure how it works. Where do we sign up? When do we sign up? Can we request to work a specific area? Do we get to drive our vehicle right up to our campsite and unload (and then do the same thing on load out?)? (My wife needs DART assistance, so this would be a crucial aspect of being able to commit to CCE). Do we do additional workshifts while on the Land during Festival, or do we just do the before and after work of CCE?

Thanks for the help!

Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:57 am

CCE's apply to work fest as a CCE. Most crews do front gate/road duties on opening Monday for 8 hours in traffic, security, parking, orientation, shuttle, etc and then do an additional a late week specific shift depending on what CCE crew they are on...some Main Kitchen on Sunday, Trafic works loading out on Sunday and Monday shift, Road security kitchen shifts at specific times they sign up for at their crew up meeting Sunday before opening.

CCE's do get to drive in their gear. Unless they are RV, they don't necessarily get to drive right to their campsite. They usually drop the gear at a spot along the road (often a normal shuttle drop area but not necessarily)...drive their car back out and come back in and schlepp the gear to their site (usually on Sunday before opening Monday), and then other than a crew meeting sometime late afternoon or early evening, have the rest of that arrival day for site set up. Most load out as other festies do. Not sure if any get to drive back to get their own gear, unless their duties require then to leave after last shuttles out on Monday.

Only the actual CCE's get to come in early.

To apply for a CCE position, write to the fest office, requesting the application when they come out, enclosing a stamped self addressed envelope for the mailing of said application and CCE information about the various CCE crews available.

CCE's....been a few years since I was on land early as CCE...any updates to this info? Otherwise, as always...call the office and ask...they are happy to give the most current info as it is available.

Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:17 pm

Hi, I've been a CCE for many years. I camp in DART. There are no DART services on Sunday or Monday morning tho the electricity for medical equipment is available by then. And yes, you have to load out on Monday like a regular festie unles you are working traffic on Monday load out. And only the CCE can come in, tentmates have to wait till the gate opens on Monday.

Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]