View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
parking to walk in/not use shuttle? 

Greetings,
I have a fantasy that there is a different parking area for womyn walking their gear in instead of using the shuttle. . .is that a reality, or am I dreaming? I think it is more toward treeline/the RV area. . .
Does anyone know??
SKWD (who is supposed to be thinking about the big book index she's creating, not walking her gear into fest. . .but you know what that's like. . .)

Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:18 pm

Ahh July! What womyn2me used to call "Can't get Lesbians to do shit" month..

It IS possible you are dreaming it. Are we asked if we are unloading gear before parking? I recall that we are, but then go through the lane to park/repark, instead of unload, and park where the CCE parking gals tell us.. in that orderly fashion that we do....

Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:46 pm

SKWD--There's a lot full of cars by treeline, but I've always thought they were craftswomyn cars. But I have no knowledge of parking locations--am in RV--so maybe someone else can help. I know you'll finish that index...see you singing on the beach Sunday a week.

Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:51 pm

Last year I unloaded & then was sent to park and ended up pretty close to the road and went back to wait for the shuttle. I plan on hauling my stuff in this year. I decided I could schlep as quickly as I could wait and the waiting drives me nuts :-) I could change my mind by the time I get there, but at this point I think I have two wagons full so, schlep a load, set up then, get some grub and schlep another load. I might lug the first one in and let the 2nd ride in on the shuttle, we'll see how cranky my gf gets with schlepping :-)

Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:23 pm
Profile WWW

my current thought is to do a load of the essentials for overnight on Monday, then on Tuesday go back out to the car via shuttle and shuttle back in to Triangle. . . thereby avoiding the wait for shuttles on Monday. Tuesday shuttling is a VERY different experience than Monday shuttling. . .

Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:26 pm

I thought about that too, but Tuesday is full of stuff I wanna do & stuff I said I would do :-) and we'll load in the essentials on Monday and if I'm too tired to go back... oh well I'll get it when I get it :-) My hope it to get close enough to the front of the line that I'll have plenty of time on Monday to get it all up to the camp site.

Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:31 pm
Profile WWW

ahhh. . .yes. .. I understand the "too full of things to do" issue. . . we'll see. I may be able to get everything in one load. If not, there will be time to go out on Tuesday or Wednesday. . .

Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:34 pm
Site Admin

Not only do I know the answer to this, but I am a Shuttle Driver.... Ain't that kewl?
As you enter the "chute" to drop your gear off there is a by-pass on the far right that takes you to parking. Not sure what you tell the gals at the top of the chute, as most that take it are zone gals. Just when the CCE approaches you to put a ribbon on your mirror, make sure she does not put the color on that is coded so we know what "chute" to park you in to off-load closest to the shuttle you will be taking. Sense?

As to parking near treeline... forget it. That is first, long crew workers, then crafts, then short crew, then RV. You will need to park with all the rest whether you schlep your gear in or not.

And don't forget to stop by orientation before heading downtown, sign up for them workshifts.
Love you all and will see you soon.

Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:00 am
Profile WWW

i usually don't 'park' until 4 or 5pm monday - even so, i'm usually pretty close to one of the last rows, near the phones or brother sun. i don't schlepp but when i do have to return to my car on tuesday, i just take the shuttle to brother sun, walk to my car, and exit to the shuttle by the phones.

Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:20 am
Profile WWW

Thanks, LD! I think I understand. . .basically, I tell whoever is directing me that I want to go to parking, not to shuttle gear (we'll park in temporary first to do orientation/sign up for workshifts/get programs). And, yes, I get it that we're parking in the general festiegoer parking area, we're just trying to get closer in. And, yes, when I get there lateish on Monday, I tend to be fairly close to the phones.
Thanks again to all!
SKWD

Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]