View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Looking for a mama's helper from Albany, NY 

This will be my third year attending Fest, my first year with an infant. I usually go solo, but am in search of some help.
I'm a single mama by choice. 27 years old, lesbian, hippie tendencies. Baby will be approximately two months by time of Fest. I'm willing to contribute towards your ticket, gas or just pay depending on the extent of your commitment.

This is what I'm looking for:

Obviously you must love kids, have some experience with babies, be kind and patient. Thinking two days to get there, two or three to come back, staying over in a hotel in between.

Minimally I'm looking for help driving, just having a second adult on the 13+ hour trip, setting up and taking down camp.

Then, the option to be more involved during the week-a few hours here and there depending on both of our comfort levels. I don't plan on signing up for sprouts.

Non smoker, clean driving license, able to drive manual transmission and references as a nanny/babysitter/mama's helper.

You can contact me by text at 607-437-2966 or e-mail at andreanfischer@hotmail.com

Hope to hear from some great womyn!

Whilst normally I'd be a little more free spirited, I'm really looking to get to know someone before we spend a whole lot of time together in an inclosed space with a tiny babe :)

Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:47 pm

I'd suggest signing up for sprouts just in case. When my kid was younger there always seemed to be some grandma types rocking babies.

Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:13 am

I strongly agree with Sedge that you should sign up for Sprouts so you have access to all of their resources if you want/need them.

Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:09 am

afish87, congrats on your upcoming arrival! I love you have your priorities in order, haha! Fest plans before baby arrives!

I feel compelled to chime in with the excellent suggestion of signing up for Sprouts anyway. There is no down side and its a free service with tons of amenities to support mothers such as yourself, even if you bring an army of other helpers. You'll be in much better control of your down time for personal needs if you know there are scheduled volunteers where you can safely drop off your little one to take a shower or a nap without conflict that your helper wants to catch Krudas Cubensi on daystage.. At two months postpartum and a single mom, take whatever help you can get! Hope we get a chance to meet. I like doing shifts in Sprouts.

Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:33 pm

The only reason I'm not signing up for Sprouts is because I am going to be two months postpartum and obviously my health and the baby's has to be okay. So I'm not purchasing tickets until at the gait. I don't think I can register for Sprouts prior to purchasing a ticket. I'm not willing to purchase my ticket and possibly a second ticket for a helper in advance if there is any reason I couldn't go. Or for the simple fact that I don't think I should make the 13 hour trek alone. So baby and I healthy and helper backs out and I have $1000 in tickets... ya know?

Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:20 pm

afish87, have you thought about calling the office to find out if you need to have ticket in hand before registering your child for sprouts. Just a thought I had.

suji

Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:46 am

I'm pretty sure you can get your money back if you don't end up attending. Call the office and find out for sure. I agree that you should sign up for Sprouts ASAP! I volunteered there last year. It is an amazing service.
-Miriam

Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:10 pm
Profile YIM

miriam the fest does not refund advance ticket purchases as a basic rule.

suji

Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:20 am

BUT it doesn't look like submitting the sprouts registration form has to coincide with a ticket purchase. At least it doesn't say so on the form..

Afish87, good luck getting the support you will need. I'm sure you will find some one. Many blessings for a beautiful healthy baby and a smooth delivery!

Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:59 am

Even if you don't anticipate leaving your baby in care at Sprouts, it's still a useful resource. With advance notice, Sprouts staff can heat some water for you to use in one of Sprouts baby tubs; there is a lot of shade (a scarce resource some years), a hammock, a changing table, and other moms to talk with. I'm not sure if you need to be registered to just visit and hang out with your little one, but I still think it's a good idea to register anyway. (I was on Sprouts staff for many years.) You should try to get an Ergo baby carrier-- by all accounts the best, and useful for 2-3 years-- but may also want a stroller (ideally w large wheels) even if you mainly use it to carry Stuff. When camping with a baby, I found a snowsuit to be an ideal "sleeping bag"! They can't wiggle out of it, and it can cover head, feet and hands.

Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:55 pm

Thank's everyone... going to register for Sprouts/find out if I need a ticket to do so. I'm really more concerned with the ride alone though...

Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]