View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
This year, I hope they have..... 

Last year I so enjoyed reading stories of fest wimmin from the past at the 'over 40's' tent - The stories were laminated and hung on a clothes line outside the tent. PLEASE have this again this year.

Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:28 am
Profile WWW

I enjoyed having the poetry/songwriting of the day prompt. The creative activities are a great addition. Bring back Cedar's watercolor workshop!

Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:16 am

Yes, yes, more fun, creative activities in the Over 40's Tent, please - How about 'speed dating' for over 50's/60's/70's

Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:35 am
Profile WWW

Cherry Garcia ice cream bars.. :)

Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:10 pm

Another shuttle? Not particularly for me, but wow sometimes the shuttles are crazy full. With so many, differently abled women and mothers with small children, another shuttle would be wonderful.

I like the Cherry Garcia idea a lot too!

Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:00 am
Profile YIM WWW

More double chocolate Dove bars

I know it was a supplier issue but what ever you can do as they are my fest treat

:D

Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:04 pm

Yes again on the double chocolate dove bars

Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:20 pm
Profile WWW

More tiny tiny pies of the cherry crumb variety! SO DELICIOUS!!!

Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:45 pm
Profile WWW

.. a kickin' drumsong orchestra!!

I got sent this link overnight

http://videosift.com/video/Viola-Smith- ... -Selection

A drummer in the big band era? A rare bird, for sure, and I went looking for personal info about her and turned up this:

http://articles.dailypilot.com/2011-11- ... -orchestra

Apparently, she is still alive and well, and well over 100. I read a blog about disappeared lesbians recently and got to thinking..the process of lesbian deduction takes over when I can't find out anything about family, marital status, children.. only the vague "It's a secret" when asked about her love life. Telltale sign.

Another drummer, Layne Redmond, died last fall at age 61. She was a priestess colleague and I had the chance to work with her in 2012. She opened my eyes to how the drum was taken from women.

http://www.amazon.com/When-Drummers-Wer ... ne+redmond

This was said of her: “What is so important about Layne Redmond’s work, is that it has sprung from an immemorial need: It is the quest for women to recover their ancient roots. Some scholars of myth, such as Joseph Campbell, have insisted that the seemingly more widely distributed men’s mysteries emerged from a male attempt to rival the natural magic that women have always had: The mysteries of fertility, menstruation, childbirth. But the work of Marija Gimbutas, Riane Eisler and Layne Redmond show that women were far from passive “embodiments” of the Mystery. Rather, in a way congruent with their own magic they celebrated the universe in Her Feminine Form; an ancient religion largely free from violence or grandiosity, one in harmony with the natural rhythms of being.” -Stephen Larsen, A Fire In The Mind, a Biography of Joseph Campbell

I love the sacred heartbeat of the land when drumsong is practicing and Triangle hosts her nightly gathering of the tribe of nightowls. It helps me recover my ancient roots. Pick up the drum, womyn!

Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:15 am

have they gotten rid of that annoying womyn who kept trying to 'control' the drumming at triangle?? That's why I stopped going.

Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:35 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]