View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Interested in 2015 Storytelling Intensive? 

Yes, I am already thinking about next year.

I am considering a proposal for a storytelling intensive for the 40th anniversary year. Is there interest out there in this type of workshop?
My initial thought is to create something like a Moth Radio Hour "Story Slam." It would be a 2-day intensive, day 1 - basic storytelling how-to & beginning to craft our stories, day 2 - the telling of the stories. I'd love to do it story slam style & have judges score the stories with the top storytellers "winning" a 5-minute spot on one of the stages between performers to share their story. Your thoughts?

Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:07 am
Profile WWW

Absolutely love this - can we read from a story we've written? or does it have to be spoken only.

Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:31 am
Profile WWW

The goal would be to have them spoken note-free & working on that will be part of the workshop. If someone was absolutely not comfortable with that they could read their story, however, if we are allowed to present them on stage they would need to be told note-free. It is actually not as hard as it sounds. We all tell stories about lives everyday, only our audience is usually a handful of people at most. When the story is personal I find most people don't need notes & the experience is so powerful when it comes from the heart and there is not paper between speaker & listener :-)

Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:23 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]