View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
FB killed the Forum 

I go back and forth between FB & BB. I tend to think of the BB as the place to organize, plan & trade ideas. It doesn't serve the social side very well for me (aside from organizing social gatherings). FB is the place I go for socializing, for connecting & seeing pics of the womyn with whom I'm connecting & the closed group is private, the BB is open to the public. FB is not so great for the threads I go back to over and over again, The List, The Line, Helpful Hints & Tips, Pre-fest activities, non-official events at fest, etc. I think they both serve a purpose for me & I'll continue to come for some stuff & FB for other stuff. When I talk to potential festie virgins I give them info for both. So far everyone I've talked to is already on FB, so it's a familiar venue. I also stress how important the website is & how helpful the BB can be along with the social aspect of FB.

Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:48 am
Profile WWW

if there were a phone app for the forum I'd be more inclined to be here. I access the internet from my phone most of the time. Its difficult to maneuver on a site that is not optimized for mobile use, at a minimum, or has an app, preferably! I'd definitely pay for a phone app and I'm sure lots of other womyn would too!

Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:08 am

I would totally pay for a iphone/iPad app! I'm sure there is a sister out there who is an app writer!

Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:50 pm
Profile WWW

I'm not sure it was FB that killed the Forum. I think it was the transjacktivists. I almost never went to FB before the Forum was reorganized to remove the gender discussion threads. Once that happened, it's like it let all the (hot) air out of the BB. Suddenly, it seemed like no one was posting here anymore. A few of us did, but there was a deafening silence, I thought. So I started going over to FB more, just to see what was over there, and there just seemed to be more energy.

What I don't like is that the information imparted there is soon gone. Here on the BB if we want to have a running conversation about, say, who has stuff to loan other campers, it's all in one place and easy to find. I hope as we get closer to fest, folks come here for that kind of stuff.

Lastly, I really miss the Fest History threads and hope we can get them back (hint, hint, LD...)

Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:16 pm

I am sad that the BB is so sparse. I like it a lot and it has been a ritual to reconnect with it each year around this time, for the past 5 years of my attendance at fest. I will check back and see it more womyn start to come back. :-)

Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:43 am

I keep posting links to specific BB threads on FB and sending womyn this way and I have noticed more posts here in the last few days. I chatted with a couple of virgins who didn't know the forum existed, they do now :-) I pop on the BB several times a day to see what's new. I don't always have anything to add to the conversation, but still I read every new post. I do the same with FB. I think both serve a purpose and more virgins will make it to the BB if we keep talking about it on FB!

Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:04 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2