View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
10 Boring/Random Things 2014! 

New forums, we need a new thread for all of us 10 boring things folks, even if so many of us are on facebook now.

For those who don't know, how it works (in theory) is you tell us 10 boring or random things about you, your day, whatever! Welcome!!!

Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:26 pm
Profile WWW

1 I'm training a new guy at work.
2 Training new people can be exhusting lol
3 In all aspects of life LOL
4 I've been chatting with a new lady and she's amaaaaaaaazing
5 I really like dapper butches
6 I've nicknamed her Dapper, which could get confusing because that's the name of someone special in HF's life :)
7 I'm just glad there's dapper enough to go around!
8 The older I get the femmier I get. I think. Idk, maybe spending time with an old school butch type is bringing it out in me.
9 I really like butches :)
10 Did I mention I'm smitten? LOL

Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:34 pm
Profile WWW

YAY! A new 10 boring/random thread!!! That means fest is getting so close!

1. This year my grrl and I will be coming to fest in my Honda Fit and sleeping in the back, instead of renting a van. Well….unless I win a lottery - then it will be a big ass mobile home. I'm thinking the back of the Honda FIt is gonna make for some cozy sleeping, that's for sure!
2. This winter is killing me. I've gained back a couple of lbs (between 10 and 15) that I had lost because I haven't been exercising. Spring needs to come soon - I gotta get outside!!
3. My hair is now red, not blue. I hate it. Going to try purple next I think.
4. Going to a retreat this weekend. Looking forward to it. It's a recovery retreat - I think I am speaking. Eek.
5. My dog is sleeping beside me and making things in my room smell *really* bad. Dog farts are noxious. For realz.
6. It's really her. I swear. I am alone and have no reason to blame her to hide my own stink lol.
7. I am thankful every day for my fabulous fest family.
8. I miss reading these boards!! Facebook is fantastic, but I love the fest boards. I especially love seeing all of our energies mounting in excitement in the months before fest!
9. I can't believe it - Bionerd and Mahasti are going to be in town this weekend and I am away at the retreat and will miss them. BOO HISS!
10. I still have the last text Sparky ever sent me saved in my phone.
11. I haven't even been to one fest get together this winter. I suck. And it's been busy and cold.
12. But I better get to see Scout soon or I'll have to hunt her down myself!
13. Also happy that Aunti Laura, L-Boy, Flies Away and Mrs. Aunti Laura (I don't know if Shelly F has a screen name here lol) will all be going to fest. Can't wait to see the whole Seattle crew!

Alright folks! Let's get this party started!!!

Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:17 pm
Profile ICQ

1 – Thank you Trixie! And congrats on the new lady. Happy training everywhere.

2 – I am with you Streetsweep spring needs to come soon, going and coming from the pool for workouts is daunting in this frigid weather. Your tent should attach and work well with your FIT.

3 – I am on the land in 112 days! If anyone is arriving by plane, I might see you at the airport. Damn I need to refine my lists and get packing.

4 – I have not gotten to any festie gatherings either, but I have gotten to see a few festies. That is always a great thing, especially the hugs, nothing like fest hugs.

5 – I got to see the quilts at the national quilt museum, incredibly beautiful work. I make something, but I can no longer call them quilts. Blankets of a sort, perhaps, LOL!

6 – Itching to start my garden this week, but will settle for cleaning up the garden area. Probably ought to wait until next month, especially with the way this weather has been.

7 – Xena the Pop Up Princess might be out in RV again this year. Depends if a friend needs her. I am all over the place thinking about where I will be. Mostly likely I will end up back in Workerville in my tent/canopy set up.

8 – I applied for Social Security Benefits this week, they start in July! That will be most helpful. Amazing, where the hell has the time gone? LOL! Oh yes, I remember now.

9 – Trixie I took some 100 question test over on FB to find out that I am right zap in the middle, neither femme nor butch. I was not surprised. Of course the subject and test was totally scientific, LOL.

10 – Lots and lots of women’s basketball on TV right now, I am a happy camper. Next year I am traveling to one of the regional sites and watching in person.

Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:04 am

1 - I've booked my overnight stays in Grand Rapids (Sunday night and the following Monday night)
2 - looking at car rentals and plane fares
3 - bought and tried out my new tent
4 - signed on with Air BnB and am using the $ to pay down my credit cards
5 - Selling 'stuff' on Craigs List and doing pretty well.
6 - Enjoying the good weather while it lasts - summers are brutal
7 - Going over my camping list, as this will be the first time flying to fest
8 - Really quite easy to cut back on items to take to fest
9 - Doing my best to recruit Virgins
10- Had a haircut today

Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:06 pm
Profile WWW

1. After a terrible work year last year (as in no work), I'm pleased to have 2 contracts for steady income
2. I am buying a new to me camper, one that is big enough to live in when I move to TX later this year
3. I hate snow.
4. I really hate snow and this cold winter.
5. My yard is like a sponge.
6. I love my dog and 2 kitties.
7. Can't wait to live in Austin near my daughter and granddaughter.
8. Glad that Drop Dead Diva is back on TV
9. Glad to be back participating here, it's much more personal.
10. I am going to make a point of meeting more women at Fest this year.

Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:48 pm

1. My girlfriend is coming with me this year.
2. I can’t wait to fall asleep to the sounds of womyn drumming
3. Born & raised in Austin (gf lives there, I live in KC)
4. My new puppy just turned 8 months old
5. I love my job!
6. I’m over winter!
7. The puppy loves the snow.
8. Flat Lezzie will also be traveling with me to Fest again this year.
9. I’m getting a new tent (5 person tent is not big enough with gf coming along)
10. I can’t wait until it warms up enough to get back to practicing my knife throwing!

Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:17 am
Profile WWW

1 I can’t wait til the forums pick up speed. I love facebook, but the forums are special in their own way.

2 I think maybe this will be my year to actually visit streetsweep, Scout, Aunti Laura, etc. at fest ;)

3 New guy at work is still hit or miss. I’m worried about him lasting. Blech.

4 I’ve been to one half way party this year. It was super fun and well organized and my BFF Kate went with me.

5 Kate has never been to fest but she’s thinking about it very seriously this year. She’d have to leave before the weekend, but some fest is better than no fest!

6 Red – I would consider you butch. Maybe like a 6 point butch or something, but I definitely can’t see you as femme. I don’t think. LOL

7 Tomorrow my other BFF Kimmie and I are going to Chicago for two nights! She’s never been to Chicago, and her birthday is on Monday so we’re going to party hardy! And we’re staying at a super swank hotel downtown. Yay employee discounts!

8 Tonight Kimmie will be coming to my house (we’re taking the train from here). My delightful cousin Katie* will be here as well along with some others from our camping crew for a mini festie reunion.

9 My lady friend will also be here YAY! She gets to meet my friends/crew for the first time. She’s nervous and it’s adorable.

10 I’m definitely still smitten. This woman is just…just everything wonderful that any lady could ever be. Happy sigh.

11 BONUS she’s wearing a bowtie tonight for the bar swooooon!

Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:53 pm
Profile WWW

1 – Almost stole two rescue dogs yesterday. But I was a good do-bee and handed them off during the transport. Two sweet older dogs off to good homes for sure.

2 – Whittling all my material scraps into squares. I will sew them all back together later. Sent off three blocks for the festival quilt this week.

3 – Watching womyn’s basketball, drinking beer, does it get any better? It is my last bottle of the New Glarus special. I think I need to make another beer run to Wisconsin. Next year I am going to go to some regional games and watch the final four on TV.

4 – Working on getting rid of stuff, just a matter of finding good homes for it.

5 – Listening to “The Stand” whenever I am driving.

6 – Got out the recumbent trike. It was hard pedaling because of flexion problems, but that will work itself out and my leg will be better for it. The biggest problem is getting down on the trike, it is only 6 inches off the ground, then getting back up and off the trike is a challenge. Definitely going to improve flexibility and endurance.

7 – Definitely not femme. Anytime I have tried dressing as socially dictated I felt like I was in drag. I like hats and bowties, definitely not femme.

8 – Flying back east to visit my oldest friend and her partner. So wish I had thought to just drive there. It would have been an even more fun trip stopping along the way visiting festies and my cousin. I still forget I have all the time I need these days.

9 – Anyone play that filthy, dirty game – Cards Against Humanity? It is hilarious.

10 – What is the best movie you have seen lately?

Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:34 pm

1.finally bought my partner's plane ticket last week. 10 euro less than last year! sadly, not the non stop flight she wanted.
2. spring is here, the garden work has begun. although now i'm procrastinating and thinking festival :)
3. still searching for my flight.....
4. loved the video from our festival photographer. i don't know how many times i've watched it so far http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Lavwjx7Wjk
5. planning a few bicycle trips this spring, but no more than 3 days long.
6. don't know much about wimmins basketball

that's it for today-

Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:52 am

1) Cards Against Humanity! so fun!!

2) i've had a Fest dream every night this week. soooooo beyond ready to be there. working in a room by myself just does not compare to working in a big open tent with 6 other amazons and taking turns being the Chocolate Fairy...

3) the garden is finally started. peas, lettuce, broccoli raab, and radishes...we're a bit late with the peas, i think, but it was just too cold to plant sooner...

4) Houdini the cat likes to stand on my head when looking out the window.

5) i'm getting a new tattoo in 24 days! it's a memorial tat for my late kitty, Lucky, who was 20 years and 8 months old when she died 3 years ago. it will be a not-uber-real portrait of her, in a fancy frame, with her name on a banner, and two dead little bunnies (in memory of all the ones she dispatched to the afterlife/left on our back porch).

6) i chose the artist based on his expert rendition of Cookie Monster. anyone who can perfectly capture the texture of Muppet fur has my complete confidence!

7) Red - American Hustle, it was excellent! what about you?

8) gotta crochet at least one sauce triangle before work. i'm making play pizza for my niece's 2nd birthday.

9) love crochet. hate weaving in ends.

10) Happy Wednesday!

Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:44 am
Profile YIM

1) Streetsweep! I miss you too. This winter was a suck for traveling anywhere. I want to see the two of you in the back of that fit lol

2) Trixie, we would LOVE to have you come visit. Aunti would also LOVE that game.

3) Good to see some weather improvement for many reasons but the best one?, cause fest is getting closer :)

4) Buying a teenie tiny used RV for fest this year. Can't wait to make it my own. I also plan on doing some traveling when I retire. Yay for that.

5) Can't wait to sleep in it, off the ground and nice and dry.

6) Planning my menu for fest. Yummies in the works.

7) My cats are happily exhausted after spending the first day out on the deck after a long hard winter.

8) Work is trying lately, sigh. 3 newbies on the crew at once.

9) Day of cooking today. Freezer is getting full.

10) Thought of you as I was watching the women's tournament Red.

Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:21 pm
Profile YIM

1 - Spring has sprung here. Will be breaking out the shorts soon!

2 - I am excited I just ordered 4-inch foam for my cot tent. I am going to be so comfy. I am making adjustments to be warmer than last year. This should guarantee a stinking hot fest, packing a battery-operated fan, just in case.

3 – Finished my festival quilt contributions. Not real creative, but someone has to do background and contrast for the creative womyn. I am there for them.

4 – Being off the ground is addictive, once you RV it really is hard to go back to tent camping Scout. I am sort of compromising with my cot tent.

5 – Luckdragon, I thought American Hustle was good, but I have not seen anything lately. I am open to recommendations, I miss going to the movies.

6 – I may bring Cards Against Humanity, just in case there is time for a game.

7 – This years NCAA Women’s tourney has been fun to watch, some great games. The amazons get better every year. For Mojavedreamer: UCONN is going to win it, again, sigh…their main competition was Notre Dame, but ND lost their star player to injury. Now you are either informed or bored to sleep.

8 – Hey Mojavedreamer the bike trips sound great, I hope to get to that again next year. Right now I am thrilled to be walking a mile in the pool and riding the recumbent stationary. I keep sliding forward and increasing my flexion.

9 – Another dog transport this weekend (if it comes together). These three are going up to New England, through New York!

10 - I leave for Fest in 100 days. And with that what else is there to say, LOL!

Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:19 pm

Red - YES! I love my new cot also - very, very comfy.

Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:43 am
Profile WWW

1. i keep getting hung up on that number ten thing. just can't make it....
2. listening to some wimmin's dance music now, while some pizza dough is rising. a friend comes for dinner tonite-it's her birthday (she's coming to festival too)
3. restful day today, jogging, and restful food prep.
4. still looking at plane tickets............ why don't the prices drop?
5. going tomorrow to heidelberg, to hike and visit inlaws.
6. as far as staying warm-i have a Mr. Heater tent buddy. I've had it for years, works like a champ. but you have to have a big enough tent (the tent i had when i got it was 8x8 eureka come, so i had to buy a new one). It is designed for tents, but we don't just let it run all night-it is only used when we first get in the tent at night (to take the chill off), sometimes in the mornings (when there's enough time). A great investment.
7. another festival friend bought an rei cot and she loves it.

Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next