View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
10 Boring/Random Things 2014! 

1 I’m trying to be productive lately and get myself out of a sad funk…so I’m back on a cross stitch project and re-reading my Little House books. And watching 30 Rock!

2 I love love love the Little House books. My favorites are the ones near the end telling about her courtship with her husband. I’m a sucker for romance.

3 My cross stitch project is amaaaazing. I got the pattern on etsy…it’s a unicorn with rainbows and hearts and I’m very excited about it. I’m hoping to finish it within 3 weeks so I can give it to my lady friend asap (but don’t tell her because it’s a surprise!)

4 My lady friend’s best friend is getting married this weekend. I wish I could go with her but work is crazy and I can’t get the day off.

5 NEXT weekend my old friend from high school and Girl Scouts is getting married. I’m very excited!

6 I HAVE MEMORIAL DAY OFF! I am very excited about this because my lady friend works bankers hours (she works at a bank for realz lol) and I work evenings with no set days off…and we live 2 hours apart…so we never see each other…but we both have Monday off yay!

7 My grandma’s 80th birthday is on Saturday. Because I have to work I won’t be able to visit so I’m going to see her tomorrow. Most of the family is actually out of town this weekend so I don’t know if anyone will be with her on her actual birthday, which is sad. Plus she just had 2 more bad falls and was moved from her assisted living apartment to a rehab/nursing home facility until she gets better, so she doesn’t even have her apartment friends to celebrate with :/

8 Another tough thing going on right now…my good friend knows a young woman who has a suicide plan in place and has told my friend she won’t be around anymore after this weekend…the woman is over 18 and the guardian she lives with doesn’t seem to believe/care that this is a life or death situation…so my friend is having trouble dealing with all this while there is nothing legally she can do.

9 So yea…woo would be appreciated for my friends and family…

10 <3 you all!

Thu May 22, 2014 8:50 pm
Profile WWW

Trixie! I hope your friend got the help she needed! Please update, if you can, and feel free to PM me if you need help.

Ten things... I've never played this before! Here goes!

1. Last year was my virgin year, and I am only a little less nervous... Part of that is because
2. My second Fest will be camping alone! I worry a problem might come up that I don't know how to solve on my own.
3. I'm really trying to get up the nerve to bring my guitar to Fest this year.
4. I think I'm so extra insecure right now because my dad is in poor health, and he is extremely emotionally manipulative.
5. So much is different since last year.
6. I am so different than I was last year.
7. I'm excited that my favorite workshop presenter will be back this year!
8. I need to try to meet people this year, even though I am shy.
9. I am grateful for warmth and spring rains.
10. It's weird how almost all my other items started with "I."

Tue May 27, 2014 11:30 pm

1. There’s less than 10 weeks til the festival!

2. My plans to go roller skating tonight have been cancelled because my skating buddy got food poisoning.

3. We finally received some rain in the Tampa area and my pants all look like they are happily stretching.

4. I want to quit the corporate world and become a farmette and winery owner.

5. I have a lovely bowlful of blueberries in front of me right now.

6. I’ve decided to read everything Fannie Flagg has ever written.

7. There’s a red station wagon that I often park next to at work. It has some interesting bumper stickers including one for The Red Elvises. I’ve decided this woman and I are friends. I just need to figure out who she is so I can let her know.

8. I’m looking forward to a week long vegetarian diet.

9. I need to get back on track with my degree progress.

10. Intelligence is sexy.

Wed May 28, 2014 3:26 pm

1 I haven’t had a chance to speak with my friend about the young woman who was intent on suicide, but from what I HAVE heard the woman is still alive and in process of getting the help she needs, so that’s a relief.

2 Hedge – bring your guitar!!!

3 So as I mentioned, my grandma is not doing well. My best friend’s grandma is currently in the hospital with breathing problems, and my other best friend’s grandma has a brain bruise and is being moved to a nursing home today (we’re not sure yet if it will be a permanent move). Lots of grandma woo is needed!

4 I spent Memorial Day taking my lady on a tour of my home town, including a picnic at the city park. We went walking in the woods and when I got home I found a tick on my head ahhhhh!

5 I got it out intact, it was still alive, and I haven’t felt sick or anything. I kept it in a baggie in the freezer though in case anything comes up.

6 I am so excited for my weekend off and my friend’s wedding!

7 I was off yesterday. All I did was sleep and craft and watch TV. It was delightful.

8 I can’t wait for fest! Zone party planning is in full swing! We’ll be making official party theme announcements very soon!

9 I am bringing two virgins and I am so excited!!!

10 <3 to you all!

Thu May 29, 2014 7:51 pm
Profile WWW

:)

1) jumping in on this thread...i miss connecting with fest womyn.
2) i can't handle facebook (too much input for me)
3) does that make me sound uber sensitive?
4) i have been in a weird place lately and trying to shake it off
5) looking for a new job while simultaneously trying to create my own business
6) it is so sunny and beautiful outside i keep sneaking away from my desk to soak it up!
7) i have on shoes of the blue and orange variety, i would never have bought them...but my mom got them and didn't like the fit so she gave them to me and they are the comfiest shoes in the herstory of ever.
8)that was a run0on sentence
9) i am going to pride this weekend in ferndale
10) even at 37 i feel like i haven't grown up

Fri May 30, 2014 11:13 am
Profile WWW

Speaking of Ferndale pride (kind of), this will be the first time in 4-5 years that I won't be going to Motor City pride. I can't get the time off work :(

Invincible AND Climbing Poetree AND Krudas will be there, so I am super bummed. I am somewhat consoled knowing that Climbing Poetree and Krudas will be at fest...but still...I'm sad :(

Fri May 30, 2014 9:21 pm
Profile WWW

trixie that is a bummer :( i am sorry.

Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:57 am
Profile WWW

Hmmm...how to start this...I am soooo new to this, it is almost comical.

1. I am a fest virgin, this will be my first year going...extremely nervous about it.

2. I believe the nervousness steams from the fact that I can be very shy at times....hate that.

3. Or the sheer fact that I am quite new to the LGBTQ community altogether, and do not have contact with anyone or friends in the community.

4. Working on completing two of my writing projects...right now having some major writers block.

5. Have yet to complete my shopping for fest...bad I know.

6. Bringing my sister along with me...that will be fun.

7. Been camping before several times, but not in a tent...think I might miss having electricity and mirrors...it usually takes me up to 2 hrs. the least to get dressed in the morning...hmmm.

8. My sister keeps teasing me because I always bring my makeup case with me on camping trips...oh well...lol...its what I do.

9. Kind of mentioned the festival to my mother and she tried to discourage me from going...not happening.

10. Loving life, feeling happy and looking forward to the festivities.

Angel 0;^)

Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:09 am

MiAngel - festie virgin yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!! Welcome!!!!

Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:25 pm
Profile WWW

1. Beyond excited about being on a crew for the first time this year!
2. Bought a new tent. First time I have had one I can stand up in. Hope it's dry!
3. Bought a cot. First time sleeping off the ground. Seems weird.
4. Straight woman from my partner's church is driving me to the land. That just IS weird.
5. Yes, I have started packing.
6. Bringing extra chocolate this year.
7. I predict a wet festival this year. This is based on no data, but we have been getting a lot of rain in Lansing.
8. At least two friends will not be on the land this year because they don't have enough money. Sad. Wish I could help.
9. Must remember to pack coffee cup.
10. I leave in 24 days!

Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:45 pm

Gleweliz - I can't wait to see you on the Land! And as a fancy worker!!! Your smile is infectious!

Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:25 pm
Profile WWW

Aw Trixie, you're so sweet! Don't know about fancy, but I'm sure I'll be working!

Angel, you go right ahead and bring what you need to feel comfortable and have a good time. There will be plenty of wimmin on the land who will appreciate all you do to look fabulous! You might want to consider bringing something really gorgeous (or outrageous) to wear in the femme parade. You'll be in good company. I have even heard of butane curling irons at fest. There are lots of opportunities for meeting people -- dances, singles camping area, singles dining area, riding shuttles, work shifts, stitching on the quilt, lots more that I'm not thinking of right now. Workshops are a great way to meet womyn with a common interest, and they give you an automatic conversation topic. If you need a conversation starter, just mention that this is your first festival. Be sure to bring comfortable walking shoes, and prepare to have a great time!

Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:45 pm

TrixieBelden wrote:
MiAngel - festie virgin yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!! Welcome!!!!

Big Ditto!!!! :)

Gleweliz, welcome to crew! which one are you on? i am short crew, night stage production.

Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:39 pm
Profile WWW

***de-rail***

artemisarrow - Hazel Park, really?? YAY! that's way more accessible than Flushing :o) i'd love to come see you! (it's Becca-who-used-to-be-Lights-and-is-now-Massage)

Gleweliz, i second the Crew welcome! :o)

***re-rail***

Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:15 pm
Profile YIM

I'm starting at Number 1 because it's the best!

1. I get to be on the Land this year! The Power of Positivity or some such.
2. Bringing my new camper to the Land for her maiden voyage!
3. Going to bring a Fest sister who also found out yesterday that she can go!

I think that's enough boring things about me today!!

Yay!

Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next