View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
10 Boring/Random Things 2014! 

1) am excited about fest...have been trying to go for a few years now but something always seem to
happen that prevents me going. So im crossing my finger that this will be the year.

2) We are up to 4 dogs (missy a little red min pin, MoMo who is part poodle and part were not sure lol, and Luna a beautiful golden retriever runt

3) We also have 4 house cats Bennie, Oreo, Lucky, and Musty (but we call him old man, he's 12) and 1 outside cat named Trouble

4) We also have a small turtle in a fish tank that my son found down in a drain ditch...his name is jaba

5) I wonder if its a bad thing that our animal babies out number the humans in the house?

6) The ex husband told the judge that didn't see why he should have to pay child support to pay the bills of me and my live in lesbian lover. Judge looked at him
and said 190 for 3 counts felonious flagrant non support. You have 90 day from the day you leave jail to start paying like you are suppose to. Well he got
last day of July. Dec rolled around and he hasn't paid squat so now he has a arrest warrant out on him for breaking the conations of his parole, But as soon
as he got out of jail he head to Texas. S0 good luck KY getting him back here

7) ITS SPRING TIME...time to start getting my garden out and get my canning jars cleaned out I CANT WAIT TO GET MY HANDS DIRTY!

8) I am addicted to playing World Of Warcraft

9) My wife also is in to it so its how we relax in the evenings after supper we kick back and go adventuring together

10) almost 12 1/2 years together and she is still my best friend, lover, therapist, zoo manager, and wonderful parent to my kids. 12 1/2 years together a
and she still stops my heart

Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:00 am

1 I LOVE Cards Against Humanity! We even made special cards relating to our fest group inside jokes, which just makes the game even more amazing.

2 Chicago was AWESOME. There was lots of eating, drinking, and shopping. And we got BFF tattoos on our ankles…of anchors…so our friendSHIP doesn’t float away LOLOL

3 Scout – my visiting you will be largely dependent on my lady friend’s attendance at fest…or what is negotiated beforehand if she can’t attend :) (also sending you work woo!)

4 Speaking of lady friend…holy wah. This is serious business.

5 I can’t even find the words to describe how amazing she is…which is ok because she pulls the words out of my brain and says them for me.

6 I never in my life thought I would meet someone like her…she has the same life dreams, goals, likes, dislikes, everything…AND all of that comes packaged up in the cutest, most dapper gentle-butch the world has ever seen.

7 So. Yea. That’s my life right now :D

Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:08 pm
Profile WWW

1. My excellent cuddle cat, Aphrodite, is sitting my lap right now, purring bigtime.
2. I am in the process of ordering 3 supplements that I've been taking for awhile: Coenzyme Q10, Alpha-Lopoic Acid, Resveratrol.
3. I worked one-on-one with a 12 yr old Spec Needs boy today for my substitute teaching gig.
4. My father died last night around 9 pm, as his wife was putting his UConn Huskies cap on for the women's b-ball game. He'd been in hospice for ~10 days.
5. I love to camp in a tent, listen to the rain fall, feel cozy warm and dry inside.
6. My 1st fest was '77.
7. I was part of the trio that created the Womb that year.
8. I already have a travel buddy, a young festie virgin, who lives in Boston and is very excited about her 1st fest and enjoying the lesbian culture.
9. I love Ferron's music and hope she is doing well.
10. The sun is shining warm here in Hopkinton, MA, where the Boston Marathon starts- I'll be leaving town next weekend to avoid the crowds.

Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:45 pm

QiDancer - I'm sad to hear about your father...lots of love heading your way, sister! <3

Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:55 pm
Profile WWW

# I'm a volunteer puppy raiser for Canine Companions for Independence
# I am raising puppy #4
# He was born Jan 1, 2014
# He is a yellow Labrador Retriever
# Smartest pup I've raised so far
# Also the largest pup, he is a monster. His paws are as large as his snout
# Each litter is designated a letter, this one was the "J" litter
# His name is Jimmie (V)
# Finally got to plant some potatoes yesterday!
# Possible snow here on Tues, what the heck is that about?

Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:56 am

1 – Visiting my oldest friend (45Years now) and her partner. Getting all I need.

2 – Remembering again to live in gratitude and be happy.

3 – I am going to start doing more road trips, anyone have a couch I can surf on?

4 – Starting another quilt, well quilt like blanket. After visiting the National Quilt museum I realize I do not really quilt.

5 – So sorry for your loss Qidancer.

6 – Watching more softball today then I have seen in the last decade at least. The result of visiting softball coaches. Slow motion and lots of replay going on. Lots of discussion, who knew?

7 – Found some tasty Hefe Weissen.

8 – Applied for social security, my first check will arrive just before I leave for fest.

9 – Dinner smells so good, no idea what it is, but it smells wonderful.

10 – I have not felt this good in a long time…

Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:05 pm

Q- sorry to see that about your dad

1) Moving a almost 90 year old woman out of the house that she has lived in since 1945 and in to a retirement community is mentally, emotionally, and physically exhausting.

2) I am proud of my 16 year old son. He sit for 2 1/2 hours talking to his great-grandmother keeping her occupied, while we moved her stuff in to her new place.

3) Said great-grandmother gave us almost 200 Ball canning jars, some of which she has had since the late 40's!

4) Because of our newly gifted canning ability we have decided to double our garden space this year and put up stuff for winter!

5) Is it strange that the great-grandmother in question is my ex-husbands grandmother and I'm the one that his mother turned to when it came time to move her?

6) Its raining here in western KY.

7) I love our tin roof when it rain at night

8) Wish I was still able to sleep in the same bed as my wife.

9) Night terrors SUCK!

10) still can't wait to get my hands dirty

Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:38 am

1) finally got my plane ticket yesterday
2) it's close enough to my departure date that i could also get my train ticket too!
3) began the garden work over the weekend-we got potatoes and other stuff in too. it may be to early but we're busy the next few weekends.
4) had friends over last night, and we made sushi (veg). lots of fun, big mess and lots of left overs for tonite.
5) got my latest issue of LC and read it from front to back.
6) planning (weather permitting) a 2 day bike trip next weekend, have to take my bike in to get the brakes replaced today.
7) cut some lilacs for the living room..... i love spring.it means festival is right around the corner!
8) finished upgrading my partner's computer to win7 from XP.

Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:07 am

1. Red - If you're ever near Bowling Green, OH and need a couch, my roommate and I are festies and you're always welcome! Also, I'm glad you're feeling so good!
2. aler58 - puppieeeeeeeesss!
3. Qi - sending you bounds of loving and healing light, energy, and woo during these hard times.
4. Yeah, Cards Against Humanity is friggin' awesome. Terrible and amazing all rolled into one at a perfect ratio.
5. Trixie's grrrl really is dapper as hell. And I totally approve (in case anyone was wondering) :)
6. Scout - I am most defs visiting again this year (if that's okay!)
7. I directed "The Vagina Monologues" this year on BG's campus, and it went so so so so well! It was amazing to see something that I spent so long putting together (with so much help from other people!) in totality.
8. I've only got two weeks after this one (including exam week) and I'm done for the semester, which is nice.
9. I just had to get an MRI, an EMG, and some blood work done a couple of weeks ago because I've been dealing with chronic pain and numbness for several years. They said they would call if they found anything abnormal and they have not called yet, but I have my check-up with the neurologist on Monday, so I'll hopefully know more then for sure.
10. Just bought a 2006 Scion XB (the toaster cars lol) from my mom and step-dad for $1k, which was super awesome. I will miss my '99 Chevy Malibu, but not for her drive-ability! :)

Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:11 pm

katie*star wrote:
5. Trixie's grrrl really is dapper as hell. And I totally approve (in case anyone was wondering) :)

heheeeee!

Also, katie* I need you to figure out what's going on so you can be 100% better and healthy and stuff! <3

Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:51 pm
Profile WWW

Oh, I had my neurologist appointment today, and they said that everything came back normal! So for now, since I've been feeling a little better, I'm trying not to stress about not knowing what's up. But regardless, yay! :)

Mon May 05, 2014 6:32 pm

katie*star wrote:
Oh, I had my neurologist appointment today, and they said that everything came back normal! So for now, since I've been feeling a little better, I'm trying not to stress about not knowing what's up. But regardless, yay! :)

Yay! I hope you continue to feel lots more better :)

Tue May 06, 2014 7:45 pm
Profile WWW

1 - nice to come here
2 - I just ordered my fest ticket
3 - can't wait!
4 - I'm thinking of moving in a bit closer this year, eliminate a hill, some steps
5 - I'm over 50 this year, may end up in the back edge of over 50's
6 - less than 3 weeks of school and I'll be on summer break
7 - I have to repair some dock pilings, dismantle and a large section of dock and turn it into a walkway and rebuild the other part of the dock deck this summer
8 - the job will be pretty fun, except for having to spend a bunch
9 - I'm trying to reuse as much as possible
10 - almost Friday!!

Thu May 15, 2014 7:13 pm

1. Belated thanks to you Trixie for the note re my father - complicated relationship. Worked through a few issues to be able to speak my truth clearly at his Memorial Service.
2. Festie virgin who I was planning to drive with from MA will be having surgery instead of Michfest this year, oh well, still time to support other newbies.
3. Warm rain and grey happening in these parts for the forseeable future.
4. Beans and radishes will get planted soon.
5. Aphrodite girl sitting on my lap, of course.
6. She killed and ate a young rabbit this week -
7. OK by me, 'cuz they're not native and it's her hunter instinct.
8. I'm hoping to work with rabbit energy on a spiritual level to figure out how we can share the lettuce, radishes, beans, etc - last year they chomped the seedlings to the ground and I just gave up. I don't want to chop up my little yard with a fence.
9. Sugar maple leaves are getting eaten bigtime by a min-inchworm - haven't id'd it as yet. Gypsy moth?
10. I am so excited about Friday Day Stage Super Set - could they just continue until supper?
(not a big a fan of Klezmer, truth be told, although I hear they've got a fabulous line-up of musicians as well)

Fri May 16, 2014 3:46 pm

1. I have a guest coming for a ten-day visit. I have never had anyone stay in my home this long.
2. I have never met this person. She is a bestie of a favorite festie. (Sounds like a great deal to me)
3. I've spent two weeks cleaning and repairing everything I could.
4. It is a GORGEOUS day today.
5. I can't believe how much weight I gained over that horrendous winter.
6. My dog is way overdue for a dog-park jaunt.
7. I don't want to have to endure another winter like the last.
8. I am surrounded by art supplies and cannot think of a single project to do.
9. I really need a creative project besides housecleaning for extended-visit guests.
10. I am obsessing over these lines aligning. :)

Mon May 19, 2014 1:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next