View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
10 Boring/Random Things 2014! 

Thank you, sisters!
I'm on short flex, which I think will be great.
I'm a little nervous (but only a little) about being the new girl, so a pre-welcome is really nice :)
Any tips for a beginner?

Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:42 pm

I don't have 10 things to say at the moment, so I will list 10 Leslie and the Ly's songs that are on rotation stuck in my head (I can't wait to see them on day stage again...I hope I get to dance on stage with her again squee!).

1 Gold Pants
2 Blame the Booty
3 Tight Pants Body Rolls
4 Neon Blood
5 Shazam I'm Glamorous
6 Craft Talk
7 How We Go Out
8 No Pants Policy
9 Hydrate Jirate
10 Power Cuddle
BONUS! Gem Sweater

You can listen to all of these (remix stylez) here: http://lesliehall.bandcamp.com/album/so ... ey-of-gold

Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:00 am
Profile WWW

Hmmm this sounds fun. I usually lurk around here, but am active and an admin on the closed group (Gina Rochman) :)

1. I am hungry but don't really want to cook and don't have much in the house because in two weeks I am going to Fest :P
2. My GF will be a festie virgin this year (always fun to see the fest through a Festie Virgin's eyes)
3. I colored my hair today for fest :P
4. I am a huge geek and nerd, which involves large amounts of time spent in my life playing Dungeons & Dragons, Everquest 2, World of Warcraft, and watching Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Star Trek and Dr. Who.
5. I did hair for 10 years while I figured out what I wanted to be when I grew up.
6. I decided I wanted to be Indiana Jones when I grew up and got a BA in Archaeology.
7. I found out that it was harder to be Indiana Jones than it looked, so I got an MA in Education.
8. None of which has earned me any type of living so to speak :P
9. I worked in Customer Service for the last 7 years before I became disabled, and so basically I learned to tell someone to go to hell but make them look forward to the trip :P
10. I am absolutely sure I have bored you to tears with the time you spent in the last 30 seconds reading this, time which you will never get back. So if you see a womyn walking down Lois Lane with a dachshund service dog, and she is not uber butch (which would be my GF), then that is likely me on the other end of the leash :) Stop and say hi and get a hug!

Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:29 pm

Iris/Gina! Lord of the Rings yessss! Next weekend my best friend, her husband, and I are having a LOTR marathon...we're going to watch all three movies and have themed meals every 2 hours...breakfast, second breakfast, elevensies, lambas bread, the works! I'm so excited! We came up with the idea because my lady friend has never seen the movies (!!!) and obviously we had to fix that lol

Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:51 pm
Profile WWW

luckdragon! yeah Becca! yes i am still part-time in flushing, but also back in my house in HP. i will give you details when we see each other in a week!

Gleweliz you will love it! my only tips for new workers are comfy socks and boots, rain gear and work gloves that fit you. everything else is on the land. :) see you in the belly bowl.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:10 am
Profile WWW

1. I got laid off yesterday
2. I spent all day cleaning and reorging our apartment
3. I am going to fest for the first time this year
4. Its nice to be some kind of virgin
5. Flying and camping is overwhelming
6. Going to see a friend I haven't seen in 20 years at the fest this year
7. My dog is crazy
8. I started a travel agency
9. I love being a sparky
10. I am excited to go to Michigan this year

Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:57 pm

1. i was all excited about going to fest until i fell on 6/21 and broke my hip and elbow
2. i appreciate all these wonderful lesbians in miami and at fest for their love and support
3. i learned that when you go out that front door, you are not promised to return that same night
5. i tend to plan way too far in advance
6. being in a hospital sucks
7. i really appreciate and have great respect for mobility
8. i'm glad i'm an active and determined womyn
9. thank goddess for medicare/medicaid
10. healing broken bones hurts

Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:54 am
Profile WWW

Oh, Tropicdyke, so sorry!!!!!
1. I'm singing at church (UU) this morning, and didn't practice until a couple hours ago.
2. Iowa looks so beautiful and green this morning through the window, but it's hot, humid, and the mosquitos are fierce!
3. Coping with zucchini over-production by making zucchini bread and giving it away.
4. My heirloom tomatoes are doing GREAT this year! (and are delicious)
5. Bell peppers, not doing so well...
6. Critters ate chard and beets down to nubs
7. Getting so psyched to leave for fest! (one week of work left)
8. Puzzling over whether to bring Uke or drum or both to fest.
9. Getting into cycling again....looking at getting a new bike--they're so much lighter and better designed than when I got my current 15-speed many, many years ago.
10. Did I mention that I'm getting excited to leave for fest??!!!!?!?!?!?!

Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:53 am

Launching tomorrow 8:30.
Set a lifetime record for size of gear mountain -- 6 bins plus tent, chairs, etc. yikes!
Feel like Imelda Marcos with a whole bin for work boots and shoes. Gotta take care of those feet.
I really need a shower after packing all day.
First time ever bringing a dress shirt and tie to the land.
My partner is baking brownies for a send-off.
My poodle does not approve.
Must remember water bottle!
Must remember pillow.
Excited!

Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4