View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
SHY?! 

I was thinking about how excited I am to be returning to Fest after 30 years (and many lifetimes ago) but also how shy I feel too. Soon thereafter i was talking with my young friend i'm going with and she said she feels shy 'cause she's a festie virgin. Got me wondering if anyone/everyone feels shy pre-fest no matter their experience?! Are you feeling shy?

Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:39 pm

I always feel shy & have to work on waiting for someone to speak to me before I speak to them :-) I'm also an introvert. As such, my tendency is to sit back and watch and sometimes when I do that, I end up hiding in plain site. My first year I wanted to make sure I didn't hide & help with the too shy to be the first to speak issue. I did two things; 1st I wore a Zebra stripped western hat which pretty much took care of the fear of having to speak first when meeting someone new, 2nd I went to speed dating on Tuesday morning. I wasn't looking for a date or even a fest hookup, but I wanted to make sure that there was a group of people who knew me (& my hat) and that I could find sisters to do stuff with throughout the week if I wanted company. It worked like a charm. I was greeted with countless variations of "hi, nice hat" and there were about 35-40 women who knew who I was from speed dating, we had meals together and some did movie night, concerts, workshops, etc. I say be bold & in the absence of boldness wear something eye-catching :-)

Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:18 pm
Profile WWW

thanks, unitynme, for the tips! i was almost too shy to reply. LOL!

Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:00 am

:-)

Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:11 am
Profile WWW

I'll put it out there... I'm the Festie Virgin boldwomon speaks of. :)

I love the idea of wearing something eye catching! I have to say, though, getting involved here and in the FB group has helped. At least I'm getting used to talking to people. I tend to get easily overwhelmed, especially in large groups of people, but once I know a few people, I tend to become much more at ease and everyone forgets that I was shy to begin with.

I'm in the packing process now, and it's a process, that's for sure!

I can't wait to meet you all!

Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:37 am

see you on the land!

Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:15 am
Profile WWW

isn't 'my" Festie Firstie adorable? :)

Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]