View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
carts 

Greetings. . .
I thought I saw a cart thread somewhere but haven't found it.
I normally bring my stuff in big duffle bags, tie the duffel bags to a backpack frame, hike in to my site with the backpack. This year I'm considering whether to get some kind of minimal cart so I don't have to do it all via backpack.

Does anyone have experience with either of these Wheeleez carts:
http://www.wheeleez.com/beachcart-folding-mini.php

http://www.wheeleez.com/beachcart-folding.php

seems like a lot of money to spend on something I don't have lots of other use for. . .but I'm considering it.

I look forward to hearing any and all opinions.
Thanks!
SKWD

Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:26 am

We took a wagon for the first time last year. We're quite pleased with it, even tho we overloaded it and bent a wheel (now fixed) If your gear is under 100-125lbs I highly reccommend the collapsible wagon ($59) at K-mart or on line with Target. For the life of me right now I cannot remember the name of the product, but if you google "collapsible wagon" it should come up. We shipped the wagon in it's own box and then opened and filled it when in parking at fest.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:13 am
Profile WWW

Thanks, Tropidyke! I'll check it out. . .
SKWD

Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:09 pm

I got the following cart the year I was post- rotator cuff surgery. It wasn't this expensive, so I think you could find it cheaper if you dod some searching. Fits in a Subaru Outback. Love the cart and still use it. http://www.hayneedle.com/sale/folditcar ... nce_nextag

Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:51 pm

I have the same cart as Loosh and its great. I've had it few years and was definitely much cheaper than the one posted in the link above, i think mine is called the "bully" cart.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:27 pm

thanks, Loosh and Sdragonfly!
I found a bully folding cart at this website:
http://www.handtrucksrus.com/crashdetai ... rts&id=708
it's $170, not sure if I'm up for spending that much, but will consider it. It actually looks like something that could be handy at home as well as at Fest.

Does anyone have recommendations for a "hand truck/dolly" type thing rather than a "cart" type?
SKWD

Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:30 pm

Those beach carts would be great, but too spendy for me. I saw a foldable golf bag carrier at a yard sale that would work really well for my drums and stuff. I could kick myself for not picking it up. I used a 15 dollar trash bin with wheels last year. Idea from a thread. Worked pretty well and kept my stuff dry, but too big for my little car this year. I have a large rolling Jeep duffle and military duffle bags with backpack straps for this year.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:35 pm

Hey I found a cool rolling tote/bin at Lowe's today. It is a contractors rolling plastic tote that holds 200 pounds. Has a yellow handle and a reinforced lid and is lockable with a padlock. It fits well in the trunk of my Kia! Plus I can bungie items on top and rock and roll to my little campsite. A little spendy as it was $25, but I am worth it.

Here it is, sorry for the long link:
http://www.lowes.com:80/pd_306966-78148 ... facetInfo=

Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:22 am

Thanks, CG. . .looks interesting, although I always wonder about the "skinny wheels sink in the sand" factor of wheeling things around on the land.
SKWD

Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:25 am

Hey SKWD,
Not sure how you feel about the intended purpose but...........
I've had really good luck the last two years with this style of cart. http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_from=R40&_ ... Categories . They are available in many outdoor type stores but I got mine on ebay for cheap. Most of them fold flat and have removable wheels. I borrowed one to try out that was relatively small and it worked well but opted to buy one of the wider based ones when I took the plunge. I often bring things for others and last year managed to load 2 complete campsites on it and push the load from above the womb to the parking lot. Depends on how much stuff you have (I'm thinking you travel pretty light). They are quite easy to push over the wood chips/sand with the big tires. I was able to really load up if I kept the heaviest stuff on the bottom over the wheels and kept it balanced on either end. It's also easy for someone to grab the other end and help up the hills w/o shifting the load if need be. Good luck!

Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:06 pm
Profile YIM

wow, Scout, that looks like a fabulous/perfect for fest cart. . .yep, the intended purpose is a bit unfortunate, but that wouldn't stop me. I'll check around where I live to see if I can find one locally. I might even ask some of the hunter guys I know if they have one I could borrow.
I travel mediumly light. . .much heavier than my sea kayak trip type packing, but LOTS lighter than many womyn I see at fest.
thanks again!
SKWD

Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:22 pm

Thanks, Scout, for that cart tip. I ordered this one:
http://www.rivercitydeals.com/TimberRid ... L1Z06O.htm
It arrived, was easy to put together/take apart, and it looks like it will do a fabulous job! quite sturdy, folds up into a relatively compact size. . .and looks like it will also be useful around the yard for hauling firewood, mulch hay, etc..
Soon!
SKWD

Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:26 am

SKWD>>I got the same cart...it will hold all our gear!!! One problem with ours...It came without the hardware to put it together...no bolts, no pins for the wheels....You did not happen to get extra with yours did you????
I tried contacting them and they have not replied...so I went out and got some hardware that will work....and it cost me another $10. Its worth it...But I should not have to do that...
Thanks Scout, for the tip...I was not happy with any of the other types of carts I saw out there.

Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:44 am

Great, UU. . .my cart came with hardware. . .bummer about the missing hardware. I just got some extra little pins for the wheels/axle because that seems like it could be something loseable or breakable. . .Yes, it looks like it will hold lots of gear!

Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:01 am

skwd and uu, so glad you are happy with the carts. I love mine and it is borrowed often during fest. Bummer about the hardware. skwd, you have inspired me to get a spare pin and bolts. A breakage would not be fun.

Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:08 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next