View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
foldable full length mirror? 

Does anyone know *crossing fingers* of where I could find a foldable full length mirror? Im talking a mirror that folds in half or in thirds, horizontally, so that is compact and square and easy to pack, but then can flip open and be hung on a lovely tree branch as a full length mirror?

I've looooked and looked! Perhaps I could fashion one? Any ideas on how to make my own?

Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:11 pm

REALLY?! You don't trust my judgement!! Have I ever led you a stray?!

Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:17 pm

Look on line for acrylic mirrors, peel and stick mirrors, mirror tiles. Amazon is a good place. You could always purchase a couple (if they're larger) or several (if they're smaller) and rig them up on a 2X4 or some other piece of wood you could place vertically against a tree or even perhaps hang...or mount on canvas. For that matter....I think most cheap, thin dressing wall mirrors are already made of acrylic. They could be less expensive.

Good luck!

Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:01 pm

I was thinking of going to Lowes and buying a pack of 12x12 mirror tiles and then doing some sort of duct tape accordian thing on the back sides. That way I figured if I put four of them together, I could pack them up in bubble wrap and put them in the bottom of one of my bins. I then planned on stringing clothes line to trees and hanging my sectioned mirror from super clamps to the line.

Do you think it will work??? We shall see. Bwahahhahahaha...evil laugh.

Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:23 am

That's clever, mossylogs!

Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:30 am

I am glad you posted this thread. Luckily in the last few years I've had the room in my car for a cheapie $5 full-length mirror from Meijer but if ever space trumps cost I'll take the suggestion of buying those 12 x 12 mirrors from Loews.

Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:16 am
Profile WWW

The box of 12X12 mirrors is just under $10, I think. My fear with buying the full length mirror (standard glass, I assume) is that it will get broken in transport on the shuttles and/or be an annoyance for those helping me load and transport my things. Am I wrong to assume my vanity won't be frowned upon? lol

Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:58 am

I tried the whole 12x12 squares creating a Jacob's Ladder type thing with duct tape and the mirrors. It worked beautifully and even held up through that crazy Tuesday night storm last year. Create loops over the top part with duct tape and hang it from a limb of the tree!

Sun May 20, 2012 8:49 am

mossylogs wrote:
Am I wrong to assume my vanity won't be frowned upon? lol

Ha! not saying no one will, but I bet you have a lot of guests asking to use your mirror. I believe there is often a full length mirror hung by Easy Street and Womb Way for public use. It gets lots of it!!

Wed May 23, 2012 1:15 pm

EL on the Board wrote:
mossylogs wrote:
Am I wrong to assume my vanity won't be frowned upon? lol

Ha! not saying no one will, but I bet you have a lot of guests asking to use your mirror. I believe there is often a full length mirror hung by Easy Street and Womb Way for public use. It gets lots of it!!

That's us. The womyn who brings it each year walks it in - it would be a bit dangerous to bring it in on a shuttle on Monday or Tuesday when everything is packed so tight.

Fri May 25, 2012 12:18 pm

This thread has answered so many of my needs for glamping and efficient storage. I am totally going to do the 12 x 12 tiles + duct tape option. Probably zebra print duct tape for realness.

Thank you sisters!

Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:41 pm
Profile WWW

Just a thought - Cover the backs of the mirrors with duct tape also, that way if one breaks it will hold together and not become a hazard

Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:32 am

A mirror only needs to be half your height in order for you to see your full length in it.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]