View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
What will you do/bring differently next year? 

I really love not having to wash my dish 3x a day, paper plates are coming back with me next year. Less clothes (I always say that). Poncho instead of a rain coat, my stuff would have stayed dryer under a poncho, since I was carrying a backpack and drum. Possibly a tarp camp/hammock camp rather than a tent camp (will see). Will bring an official stand for my drumming noise makers instead of having to use my crocs for a cowbell holder. More alternative drum equipment.

Loved my queen size blowup coleman air mattress this year.

Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:07 pm

I will be taking the weather report into consideration when deciding whether to come Monday or Tuesday. Setting up in the rain on Tuesday was pretty awful.

I want to bring more clothes- I cut back this year and actually ran out of certain things. I especially want to get/bring some comfy dresses and not just my standard shorts and tanks. I kept seeing womyn in dresses that looked great and so comfortable.

Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:35 pm

I am very pleased with what I took to fest, not too much, not too little. The only thing I would change would be my sleeping mat. I used a thermarest and have bruises on my hips from the ground. Something a bit comfier next time, I think.

Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:21 am

I use a 2" Thermarest with a 2" memory foam mattress on top. Both can be rolled very tightly, and used together, keep me comfy and dry. The trick is to store both of them flat, not rolled. This helps them to "remember" their shape. I've been using my thermarest for more fests than I can remember, and it's still going strong.

OK, now I'm late for work!

Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:38 am

I don't know how this fell off my list, but next year I'll bring a welcome mat and a rug for inside my tent entrance -- was a MESS tuesday after the rains.

I also have to figure out how to hang my tent chandelier -- it's too fabulous not to have in my tent :)

Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:07 am

This year I brought a sticky roller instead of a whisk to keep the inside of my tent clean - I highly recommend it!

Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:51 pm

next year I will come to fest solo.

'nuff said

"Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time."

Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:02 pm

A bigger tent, borrowed daughters nod man tent. but otherwise allworked out well.

Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:53 pm

Next time I will bring a map of the USA so I can work out where you all live :)

Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:22 pm

Less clothes for me! Less of everything in general. I thought I'd pared down, but I was wrong. Or not right enough, anyway.

I took way too much "just in case" stuff. I realized halfway through that the fun for me is in being MacGyver (MacGyner?) and solving problems on the ground, not bringing fifteen of everything. More womyn, less gear! (For me, at least. Although I'll still make room for fun stuff.)

I want to be one of those womyn who shows up with nothing but a toothbrush and a sarong! =D

Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:24 am

Will bring a better "low" chair - my butt hurt! Better mesh bag for the dishes, lost two forks out the holes. Will bring "business cards" with my contacts so I can keep in touch with women I meet.
Will leave home the screen tent - we never sat in it as it was back in RV and while awake we were downtown.

Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:41 pm

Rabbit - I am dying to know the end of the story... I pretty much can gather it from your comment but would love to hear....
EJ

Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:29 pm

EJ, feel free to email me or connect up on FaceBook.

"Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time."

Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:35 am

Definitely less "just in case" clothes and shoes. A better low chair for day/night/acoustic/etc. More twinkly lights (battery operated) for late night tent hanging out.

Highly recommend a camping cot. I used a borrowed camping cot with two relatively thin thermarests (mine and a borrowed one), and I was comfortable and unbruised all week. Nice to not be on the ground, and it folds up to fit in a bag no bigger than a small tent bag.

Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:41 am

I will bring a foldable clothes drying rack for our towels. We had clothesline drama with neighbors, which was less than pleasant. I'm chalking it up to a weird experience with poor choices made by folks who didn't want their "spot of 20 years" to be tainted with new folks, but I know in my heart it is not representative of fest. But at the end of the day, the drying rack is so much easier anyway! :) Ergo, it comes with us again next year!

Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 95 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next