Countdown to Festival:
Days  
Hours  
Minutes  
Seconds
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
checking out gear 

35 days until the gate to MichFest opens. . .and I have lots to do between now and then in terms of work/life/etc. . . but I took some time this afternoon to go through my camping gear/fest stuff to make sure everything is in good shape, doesn't need to be repaired/replaced/etc. . .
so. . .
tent -- check!
tarps -- check!
cart -- check!
sleeping pad -- check!
stove/pots/stuff for car camping after fest -- check!
battery-powered fans for cooling hot flashes -- check!
hammock -- check!

I had been trying to figure out how to most efficiently load my cart (last year was first year with a cart), and I figured that out -- check!

And, for those of you who want a cart that is realllllllly sturdy, comes apart to fit easily in a car, and carries stuff really nicely, I highly recommend the Timberridge deer cart. . .

so, have you checked out your gear yet?
Festie virgins, have you practiced setting up your tent, practiced sleeping on your sleeping pad or whatever you're using? Now's the time!

Happy planning and packing!
SKWD

Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:42 pm

I have so been yearning to crack open the hermetically sealed Fest cart/storage bin that overwinters in the chicken coop. Decided to give myself permission to do so as soon as Fourth of July celebrations are done.

Not that I haven't been adding to my Fest pile in the house. (bought Festive paper plates and napkins to serve guests at the campsite).

Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:52 pm

```

Last edited by Chaisipper on Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:36 pm

Looking forward to being a passer-by at your campsite, EL, and checking out your motif! I also heard your dropping gear for us. I got the deets from justsummer, many thanks!!

Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:50 am

yeah i am itching to start packing. i've already gone through my camping gear. (i moved and it needed to be organized.) i can't wait to start putting bags together. i need to start checking the important thing like tents, sleeping bag, etc and not the fun stuff like solar lights and inflatable flamingos

Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:24 pm

got my dish bag done and packed. i am happy. going to make another one for the campsite for other things.

Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:41 pm

I pre-pack my food line bag, day back and am slowly adding to my "on-train" food bag and back pack. I put my air matttress pump inside of my pee bucket w/lid. It sure beats russling around in my duffel once I get to my camping area.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:04 am
Profile WWW

Hi Tropidyke, can I speak with you? At your earliest convenience of course. It's Edie from Memphis. Sorry, I couldn't figure out how to email you privately.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:38 am
Profile WWW

singingtreez - check your facebook messages. I hope I did that correctly - I'm new to facebook. anyhow, contact me thru dykenotes dot com also.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:18 pm
Profile WWW

i've tested all my solar lights to make sure they are working this year and they are packed and ready to go.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]