View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
What will you do/bring differently next year? 

OMG, a little plastic sled!! Genius!

The biggest change I will make is bringing more food. I never made it to breakfast last year, and I NEED breakfast. I also somehow missed lunch once or twice, and the store food is fine, but I would rather spend my money on non-essentials while I'm there! So, I will be bringing alternatives. And bungees for the racoons, of course.

Oh - and a non-slouchy, full-sized chair. My back was killing me after a week in my regular canvas chair.

Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:09 am

I wish we had a like button like Face book. I would be liking away!

Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:36 pm

Yes, I have a camp site chair, a concert (low) chair, and a workshop chair. (And I call myself a minimalist. HA!)

KCblue--I like seeing peoples words, not just counting the "like"s. Smiley face.

Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:34 pm

I agree KCBlueKitty!

Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:49 am

I will not be coming with my now ex.
I will be bringing my own tent.
I will be camping in or near dart up top right in the middle of things. when i came 2 years ago i spent all my time trudging and finding myself on the wrong side from where i wanted to be.
I will make my best effort to reach out and befriend more people.
The land heals

Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:42 pm

@mamadiana "the land heals" yes. this. Another thing I'm doing differently this year is letting more of that happen!

Overall, might not be bringing any kind of tent _OR_ hammock. Scary, yes. But I'll bring extra bug spray. circus tent here I come.

Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:27 am

herpergrrl wrote:
@mamadiana "the land heals" yes. this. Another thing I'm doing differently this year is letting more of that happen!

Overall, might not be bringing any kind of tent _OR_ hammock. Scary, yes. But I'll bring extra bug spray. circus tent here I come.

well if you do that and find a need i would make space for you to duck into :)

Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:36 pm

well, I guess this year I'm not making plans. I'm shooting to get there for opening ceremonies, Thursday at the latest.
hard for a planner.

Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:33 pm

hey, hg. . .
perhaps one of these would help inside the circus tent???
http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___86663
skwd

Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:00 pm

I will be leaving my ex and her grumpy pants at home, and I will be bringing (or perhaps finding) all my mojo! :)

Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:14 pm

Cora! Yay!! me too! :D

"Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time."

Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:28 pm

@SKWD i'm afraid I don't even have the $15+shipping to spare right now. Every extra dollar is going to finding housing in rl before fest. :-/ I know I'll just be happy to be there. I'm sure some kind woman or other will let me crash with them, and if not, I can survive the bugs. I did pick up a really cheap cloth hammock, and I'm bringing tons of blankets and things.

I'll probably get some mosquito netting from the army surplus store for my face.

Again, I'm just excited to be there!

Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:12 am

hg. . .
I have one of those screen thingies, and several mosquito headnets (which aren't as effective while sleeping because they go up next to your face and the mosquitoes can stick their noses through the mesh).
How about if I leave the screen thingie and a headnet with the womyn at Triangle with a big HERPERGRRL sign on it? And, before you leave, you can leave it at Triangle with a big SKWD sign on it? I'll be getting to the line 4ish on Monday, expect to be in to Triangle by 7ish or so. . .when do you arrive at fest?
or, better yet, if you have room to carry it (it ways a pound or two, is in a stuffsack that is about 10 inches by 6 inches), I'll mail it to you before fest (along with the mosquito headnet). . .then it will be with you. If you want it, we can discuss re: email.
SKWD

Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:29 am

I just read somewhere that if you rub one of those fabric softener dryer sheets on your clothes, it keeps mosquitoes away. Can anyone verify?

Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next