View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
the showers 

i love the showers. i can understand some women leaving their shower bag in the weeds around the showers but don't leave stuff in the shower. i've almost stepped on someone's razor more then once. plus, i like to be able to set my stuff down when i'm showering. kind of like the headlamp caution. just be courteous and safe. i really don't want to ruin my fest by stepping on a razor one night when i'm showering without using a flashlight.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:23 pm

another courtesy reminder - please plan your shampooing to a time when the showers are NOT busy. When there's a line, a quick few minutes wash is appreciated.

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:09 am
Profile WWW

Better yet, leave your razors at home! Shaving takes much longer than shampooing.....or do it at your campsite with a dishpan of water.

Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:38 pm

Totally agree with not leaving your stuff at the showers so we all have space for our stuff. But I gotta say I don't think it's fair to ask people to plan their shampooing around busy times. Hair washing is a regular part of showering for most people. Sometimes I shave at my tent. If it's not busy at the showers, I do it there but it literally takes me 10 seconds per leg (I'm not worried about missing a hair here and there). I think as long as people do their shower business pretty quickly when there's a line, it's all good.

We have two preschoolers who do not understand the concept of hurry so unfortunately, we have to take quite a bit of time in the shower. Believe me when I say it stresses us out that people are waiting and we are taking too much time.

Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:17 am

i understand parents with kids. kids have the glorious ability to not understand time constraints. i don't care about hair washing either. i just don't like the trash and the misc things left around the showers. thats a whole other story.

Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:29 am

Ditto about the stuff left lying around the showers. Jeez, people, pick up your stuff! That goes for the dishwashing area too. I made the mistake of using a sponge once that someone had left there, and boy did I pay for it...

Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:58 pm

Where can you set up a solar shower?

Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:04 pm

flokan01 wrote:
Where can you set up a solar shower?

That can be tricky to accomplish. If you're camped in a crowded area, you won't want to flood the neighborhood by setting up a shower! The other challenge is getting the water warm. The camping areas are heavily wooded, so it's hard to get the bag warm, because the sun's rays don't really poke through the tree cover.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:10 pm

just a passing thought here about leaving one's shower stuff around shower-not all womyn r reading these threads! i will keep my shower items w/ me. hope there will b some that pass the words around about taking shower supplies w/ them. makes sence, 2 me, 2 pick up after myself. have an enjoyable fest! :)

Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]