Countdown to Festival:
Days  
Hours  
Minutes  
Seconds
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
The chair thread 

lololololol....my friend El met my friend Gleweliz on the boards....lololol

dms scratching her head and wondering if they'll meet in person on land!
FYI El....I met Gleweliz at Contra dancing 22 years ago ...another lifetime for both of us....

Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:39 am

Well, once again the chair I ordered online is way heavier than I want to be lugging around the Land. Damn and double damn! Does anyone have a sand chair they don't mind bringing for me? Just a basic sand chair, like this one? This is what I'm most comfortable in, but those frickin' airlines, grrrr.... Don't get me started!!

http://www.swimoutlet.com/ProductDetail ... ick=205964

Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:55 pm

Does anyone know what sort of chair (or stool) would work best for Drumsong Orchestra rehearsals? I'm trying to picture the space at Drum Central; perhaps there are benches there.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:41 pm

They have folding wooden chairs. (full height) However, I usually bring my own regular camp chair.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:26 pm
Profile YIM

In Your Dreams, I'm bringing an extra sand chair. It's the one they sell at Cuntry Store, but I have one already and will be looking for a new home for this one. Meet up at the Meet and Greet? Only prob, I'm CCE Traffic and will probably be working late. Meet me at Triangle?

Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:32 pm

Ooh! Ooh! A date! I will definitely look for you at the Meet & Greet; I'm kind of a night owl anyway. And/or you can leave the chair at Triangle with my name on it if you don't want to lug it to the Community Center. If we don't cross paths at the Meet & Greet, let's find another time to say hi and thanks for the chair. (I keep putting in my feedback form that the Cuntree Store needs to rent chairs as well as sell them, but do they listen to me? No)

Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:41 pm

Alright! I'm planning to meet you and give you a chair, one way or another!!

Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:28 am

EL and in your dreams, you two don't know each other?? Impossible! You are both dear to me so I am happy to help make the connection! I think you will hit it off well!

in your dreams is on the first shuttle with me. EL is dropping my sister's tarps for me at over 50's stop. The chair can be safe with that stuff and I can help get it to in your dreams, unless you want to meet in person... If that is a solution. Happy to help!

in your dreams.. I looked at your chair.. weird. Looks like it should be light as a feather.. sorry for your disappointment!

Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:38 pm

Well, we can combine all 3 meet ups into that tarp drop. Artemis and iyd, I've promised both of you a chair. I'll leave both with Smer's tarps. But you still have to promise to hang out with me SOMEtime during fest, even if we don't meet at the chair drop site at Over 50's, and even if I can't get to the Meet and Greet. (fyi, I am not a night owl, even at Fest, tho I wish I could be)

ps, the tie-dye multicolor chair is for in your dreams, the solid blue chair is meant for Artemis

Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:13 pm

Just so I'm clear, EL is dropping my chair off at Over 50's, yes? Where exactly should I look for it? I will pick it up on my way to the Meet & Greet.

@ EL: Scout's honor (and I went all the way up to Cadet, back in the day!), I will hang out with you! If not at the Meet & Greet, then on Tuesday. Are you working Tuesday? I'm hoping to get to "Funny Festie Stories", with Karen Williams between 9 and 12, then lunch, then "Karaoke in the Woods" between 1 and 4. After that, it's nap time, then ritual, then movies (they're showing "Pariah"!) Any interest in any of that stuff? If not, we'll move on to Wednesday! I will be at the Croning Ritual from 1-4, for sure...

Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:25 pm

Derail
@ EL. Hope to meet you Monday evening. Since Sue likes you, I'm sure I will too!
You can call me Elizabeth. Had no idea when I signed up for the BB that I was supposed to be giving myself a new name.

Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:43 pm

To iyd: At over 50's drop off site, behind the bench. But since Artemis said you 2 were going to be on the same shuttle, I figured you'd both show up at that stop at the same time, she'll know her sister's stuff.

Funny Festie Stories sounds like a hoot, I'd go for that. But it may be conflicting with Jamie Andersen's Jam (too tired to look that up)
Altho I love singing, Karaoke sounds entirely too intimidating, I've never done it, even when drunk and all my friends did it (a long time ago)
I have always wanted a date to the movies!!
Sorry, secular humanist/atheist, so no rituals for me.

To Gleweliz: wow! I never had to respond to 2 folks on the same post! Yes, DMS said we'd hit it off. Do you still contra dance? I"ll make it to the meet and greet if I can, but no guarantees. Look for the EL's Place sign just off Easy Street. Green and white striped canopy tent. How will I know you if I see you?

Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:55 pm

iyd, you're in good hands, sister. Smer and I are camping downtown, so its easiest for EL, who is CCE, and us to get Smer's tarps and the chairs at Over 50's stop. Unless you'd rather pick it up at the stop on the way to the Meet and Greet, EL's chair for you will be back to triangle before you even get your tent set up, lol! Your in B&R right? I can't wait to introduce you two, though, so I hope I am there when it happens!!

Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:22 am

derail...

@ EL: "same shuttle", as in airport shuttle. I'm not camping in Over 50's, so won't be on the shuttle from the front gate with Artemis. But leave the chair with her stuff. If I don't see you at the Meet & Greet, I'll look for you at the movies on Tuesday, OK? I'll be the one with the cowlick, really short hair, and the die-dye sand chair! P.S. I think karaoke and Jamie's jam are at the same time.

@Artemis: can you leave the tie-die chair near the tree that got hit by lightning last year, in that little bit of wooded triangle between the Over 50's bus stop and Dart camping? I'll pick it up there on my way to the Meet & Greet.

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming!

Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:45 pm

Derail
@EL. Me -- fat white womon on a scooter, thick glasses, brown hair turning grey, usually a straw hat. I'll be camping in DART In the CPAP section with a green tent and a stork banner. Not able to contra dance any more unfortunately. Hope we get to meet.

Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next