View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
What are your ultimate favorite snacks to bring to the fest? 

Red licorice., Gardetto nuts and bolts, Mountain Dew ,Pepsi , chocolate .

Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:29 pm

roasted/unsalted almonds, salted mixed nuts, chunks of energy (see www.chunksofenergy.com), sesame sticks. . .
this year's special opening ceremony/night stage snacks are macadamia nuts and dried sour cherries. . .
last year, my sister had sent me amusing rainbow colored/shaped flat fruit roll-up type things made with fruit from where she lives in Australia. . .

Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:49 pm

Cheese cracker filled with stuff, smors poptarts, a small bag of mini snickers.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:09 pm

I don't have any favorites as I am a newbie, but I can't travel without my Chex Mix. Mini milkways, Fanta orange

Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:29 pm

irboxer, welcome to your first fest, it sounds you are coming to the fest with great snacks and a great attitude, bon appetite and have a great time.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:15 pm

As for me, chocolate makes me thirsty and has a tendency to melt all over my stuff. This year, I've baked a bunch of almond-flour crackers, and cashew blondies (I'm gluten free now). I used my friend's vacuum sealer and made up serving size packets. Who knows, they might even be raccoon-proof, or at least they won't telegraph my goodies' whereabouts. Plus some peppermints. Also made some spicy-sweet pecans. I've got a nice little stash for my own treats on the Land. :-)

Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:56 am

assorted chewy granola bars - for late night snacks.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:50 am
Profile YIM

smoked oysters and Cheezits...so good in the woods!

Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:25 am

I bring the same snacks every year - cherry poptarts, triscuits, granola bars, peanut butter cracker sandwiches, and roasty toasty almonds. This year I am also bringing pre-cooked packets of rice, beans, and Indian chickpeas. Since they are already cooked all I do is open them up and dig in (I like room temperature food lol)

Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:39 pm
Profile WWW

TB, what are you seasoning your indian chickpeas with or is this a brand?

Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:45 am

Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia Fro Yo from the Cuntree Store. Last year I said, "Screw the bars. I'm going for a whole pint." So decadent...

Also, my local grocery chain carries this stuff called California Mix. It's just toasted almonds, pistachios, raisins, and dried cranberries. Gonna bring a bunch of that this year.

Y'all notice how food just tastes better on the Land? Who knows why; it just DOES

Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:23 pm

where do you all keep your snacks on the land? i brought some the first year and hung them from a tree. but kind of a hassle. now all i bring is a few cans of rice/beans that i eat if the meal doesn't work well for me (gluten free mostly here too, and vegan). would like to have other snacks but don't want to hassle with raccoon proofing etc.

Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:32 am

If you have a vehicle you could always keep a few items in the car and go back and forth to visit the front gate staff. We have a camper so some stuff is stored a bit better and racoons are not as much of an issue as with a tent. Many people suggest the rubbermaid containers. Another suggestion is to eat 'em quick when you arrive so you don't have to store them, then buy them as you need more at the Cuntree Store. Keep them in a cooler. Make friends with someone in RV, keep stuff in thier refrigerator an thier mobile homes & share your treats. Lots of possibilities!!!

Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:06 am

roseandlu wrote:
TB, what are you seasoning your indian chickpeas with or is this a brand?

This brand: http://www.tastybite.com/

They are tasty and already cooked/seasoned. Probably loaded with salt but I'm not going to think about that for one week LOL

Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:57 pm
Profile WWW

I'll have some favs on hand: peanut butter/cheese crackers, Twizzlers, and some protein gluten free bars. Last year, I missed breakfast one day and almost fell out on the trolley. A woman was nice enough to give me a protein bar and I thought that was the sweetest thing. So I'm bringing an assorted supply to carry around just in case someone needs a boost.

I'm getting some cookies and I'll stop by Hanson's for some cheese and other crackers for snacks for those who might stop by my camp. I'm sure I'll think of more when I'm in the store. Oh, I have a bunch of Mini Moos for those coffee drinkers who like their coffee creamed like I do.

Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next