View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
RV Thread: what to bring 

EVO wrote:
RC- I am mostly messing and joking with you, but perhaps I will bring over a few beers and introduce myself!

Perhaps you should. :-D I'll be the nut-job redhead; GF is the quiet, long-suffering partner, goddess love her.

It's OK, you can joke with me. I was a firefighter for twenty years; in between fires, all us FFs did was play practical jokes on each other. And drink beer on our off-days!

Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:29 pm

I'm having a brain cramp-trying to gather information I'm going to need when applying for workshifts-in RV I buy ice every day, but I can't for the life of me remember what time the truck is there? Is it 10:30? And I also can't remember what the cost is- is it $2.00 per bag?

Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:38 am

I think last year it was $3/bag but I could be wrong, I only bought ice a couple of times. Can't help with the times either, but I believe there is a morning and maybe around 4pm?

Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:32 am

I have the mini dishdrainer with snap on dish tray if anyone is interested in it. This is a giveaway as I have 2 of them. Looks brand new. I'll bring with me to Fest. If no interest, it goes in the yard sale.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:00 am

Wyldwoman, I would love a dish drainer! Mostly I just need to make some RV friends. This is my first time pulling my 30' travel trailer and setting up by myself. I am really nervous about not having a level surface with such a long trailer. Any suggestions on where is the best place to park. Arriving Monday.

Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:43 am

Hey 12flirt! I'll bring the mini dish drainer for you, glad to pass it on to a Festie.

I have no idea about a longer trailer, but a Class A parked near me last year (I had an SUV tent attached to my SUV) and I was in Aisle F I think. Anyway, it was in the blackberry vines (they grow along the ground) and that was a pretty level space. I was in an area between 2 big trees (space was about fifty yards. One gal in an older Shasta trailer parks near one of the big trees closer to a dip. Do you have an outdoor mat, about 9' x 12'? If so, you won't mind the berry vines too much but they will wrap around your legs. I was about 100 yards or so from Lois Lane, the main drag.

I'm parking in Debauchery Lane and I have no idea what that area is like. I'm hoping it's rather level myself. One thing about where I parked last year, it's pretty much a pull through type place so you won't have to worry about backing into a place. My Aliner is about 15 feet long and I can't back up very well yet, at least not with any kind of precision.

Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:40 am

Wildwomyn wrote:
I have the mini dishdrainer with snap on dish tray if anyone is interested in it. This is a giveaway as I have 2 of them. Looks brand new. I'll bring with me to Fest. If no interest, it goes in the yard sale.

i see others beat me to it see you on the line

Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:53 am

Thanks, Wyldwoman! I will look forward to meeting you. I do have a large indoor outdoor carpet for outside the RV.

Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:16 pm

Backing up is so hard! Maybe someone could offer a backing up workshop?

Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:59 pm

Yes, a workshop in Being the Backer. It is all about vibrations and energy, and oneness with the moment. Some days I am the Backiest Backer you ever saw, other days I can't even move an inch in the right direction. I figure it is Car-ma. ;)

Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:11 pm

Yeah, what's with that? Some days I can back my trailer up my steep drive and thread it between a tree and my other vehicle and sometimes I can't get it into a double-wide garage door opening at a client's house to pick up a load of donations. Car-ma! I like it!

Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:00 pm

BE the BACKER, queerly. BE her. LOL

Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:35 pm

I thought I read on this thread that there is another RV focused thread here on the Forum, for things other than "what to bring"? Can anyone tell me if/where any other RV related threads are here?

This will be my first time RVing at Fest in over 15 years and my memory doesn't help much. I am packing up/driving my Class B motor home myself from central Ohio, and then sharing it with a friend at Fest who I'll rendezvous with in Hart. One question I have is re: leveling. I've only owned this Class B for a couple of months and all of my camping so far has been on level paved pads at State Park/ private campgrounds. I'm just wondering if I'll need more than one set of leveling blocks (the plastic LEGO looking ones), which I haven't even bought yet. AND if I don't plan to use my fridge, is there anything else that leveling is critical for other than wanting to be level enough to sleep comfortably?

p.s. BACKERS: The main reason I ended up getting a small motorhome vs. a larger trailer camper or pop-up is because I don't like having to back up things on wheels.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:01 pm

I find that backing also is about as challenging for couples as ballroom dancing. Once C. threw the keys at me! About leveling - we just brought a bunch of spare boards. We were Ok side to side, but we were so steep front to back we couldn't get the camper off the hitch without a big pile under the jack. Home depot has a free bin where you can pick these up, other places that sell lumber may as well.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:41 pm

Yay! I finally made it here!! Thank you lucilledesigns!! :)

Ok.. so last year we were suppose to attend the festival but something came up and we couldnt make it.. so this year.. we have already gotten our tickets and my wife has gotten the time off work. :)

We have the motorhome all set and ready to go.. and I wanted to pop in here and touch base with people I chatted with last year like Red, and a few others trying to remember everyone's names.. :)

I'm so excited that I get to come and experience this for myself!

I look forward to seeing you all soon!

Rogue

Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:13 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next