View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Advice - Cooler *night* temperatures in some Camping Areas? 

Hi folks,

I'm wondering if anyone has noticed temp differences depending on where they camp (primarily at night, because I'm not in the tent during the day). Obviously camping in shade would make a difference as your tent would probably be cooler at night if it wasn't baking during the day... but BEYOND that....

Had anyone noticed they were hotter or cooler after camping somewhere other than their "usual spot"? Have you noticed a breezy gully, a cool hilltop area, or a dense part of the forest that's nice and chilly? Would you be willing to share/recommend an area to me? Or do you think this is hogwash, it's just the changeable (changing?) Michigan climate, and nights have been warmer the past few years?

I noticed what might or might not be a pattern.... my first few years at Fest I camped near Triangle and I froze at night, but wearing all my sweatshirts I was cozy and slept well.

The last few years, I camped in the woods behind night stage (at the top-ish of the hill, uphill from deaf camping), and I've been ridiculously hot at night and can't sleep.

My packing has changed dramatically - though it's nice to bring less warm clothes, I'd enjoy being cooler at night.

Any tips or an area you can recommend?! Thanks in advance!

Nicole

Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:33 am

battery operated fan helps no matter where you camp

Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:10 pm

The fan is perfect, I just bought another one, takes 8d batteries I have to switch out once during fest. Good for those afternoon recharging kinda naps and if it is crazy hot at night, laying right in front of it is nice.

Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:49 pm

I take a hot water bottle. If I am hot I fill it with cooler water. If I am cold I fill it with hot
water that I boil on my little stove with my coffeepot. Hold it like a baby on pulse points. Great
temp regulator.

Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]