Countdown to Festival:
Days  
Hours  
Minutes  
Seconds
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Where are you camping? 

I think I've camped everywhere except Family Camping, DART, and the Zone. I even was able to camp in Worker RV one year. My favorite spots are Bread & Roses (for all the reasons listed by tmbiggar above) and Over 50s (simply for nearness to Downtown). I still haven't decided where to camp this year. I love camping close to friends in B&R but this year, will be very active at the August Nite Cafe, both teaching and learning, so I'm favoring the convenience of Over 50s.

WHEREVER you camp, do schedule in time later in the week to take what I call the Parade of Tents Tour. It is so much fun to view the clever and outrageous encampments of others. You may then better understand WHAT MC Elvira references when she talks about our bizarre Festie nesting behaviors.

Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:54 am

My first year I camped in the Ferns. It was close to RV, where my friends were camping & was pretty peaceful. It WAS a bit of a walk to get to everything, but I got used to taking my stuff and dumping at the triangle or I just picked up when I went back for my after lunch nap. I'm thinking I'll try the solo camping area this time & do a little more exploring than I did the first time. Last night I dreamed about sleeping on land, under the stars & lush green canopy of leaves! Then I woke up for real in my bed & had to get ready for work. Counting the days, hours, seconds until I'm back there again!

Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2