View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Mat suggestions for night stage? 

Last year I took a small fleece blanket to sit on at night stage. I had sprayed one side (bottom) with waterproofing stuff, but that did not do the job. Anybody have a suggestion r something better?

Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:46 pm

I took a low chair and a small 'rag' rug that I also used in my tent. How about one of those silver car-window screens? Usually fold up accordian style, light weight, and seem water resistant. Whatever you choose, be modest about how much space you claim. It's quite unfair when a small group spreads out an acre of tarp. Ideally, there should be just enough space for the sitters. Aisles are nice. And space for others.

Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:24 am

I use one of those old space blankets silver side up under my soft cotton beach blanket and sit directly on Earth in my little folds flat "chair". Keeps out the damp and I like to think the silver coating reflects some warmth. And I always share the space with festie friends and try to sit behind other "blanket womyn"....

Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:18 am

My messenger bag is actually a diaper bag, and that fold-out thingy it came with is perfect for sit-downs when I walk the dog. Cushy, waterproof and compact.

Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:23 am

I used to use small tarps, but now I am a fan of the Rubbermaid Neat Sheet. I think they discontinued them (I bought a few to hoard ;o) but you might still be able to find one around. Machine washable, soft and folds easily and flat, weight sewn into the corners and sides, stain and water resistant (not PROOF)...I love them.

If you can't find one, I have heard that there is a product called a Parasheet that some folks like a lot. I have never been up close and personal with one, though.

Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:01 pm

I LOVE my Crazy Creek chair. I highly recommend it. It can fold out flat for sitting your butt upon, or clips together as a chair with a back rest. Booty is on the ground, low profile, lightweight, comfortable and easily portable. I would clip mine to my belt loop or on my day pack and never feel the difference.

Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:53 pm

I loved those Neat Sheets, too, but can't find them in the stores anymore. Yes, I had several, but I'd buy more. Great for the beach, as all sand shakes out with one shake. I just googled it and you can get them at Amazon for $52 each. Are they freaking crazy!! I liked them, but I thought they were expensive in the store for around $15!

At stages, I just use a nylon tarp. My smallest is 5' x 7', holds a few people comfortably, or fold in half for one. Stuffs into the sack way smaller than the same sized woven or heavy plastic tarp from the hardware store.

Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:29 pm

I use a 5x7 tarp and the low sand chair. I just had a thought that contractor bags, they are like black trash bags but much much bigger and thicker, course u'd have to buy a whole pack of them, but I use them for lots of things, they might work, and are lighter to carry than tarps

Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:49 am

Earlier this summer, i saw a blanket at Michaels that appeared to be the same as the Neat Sheet, but was being sold under a different name. They were with the other seasonal items.

For us this year, I just got a foldable beach blanket from costco. It's made by lightstream and we got it for $20, but it sells online for quite a bit more.

Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]