View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Sprouts Parents: thoughts appreciated 

We are having a really hard time deciding on bringing a jogging stroller with pretty big wheels or a wagon. Any experiences/opinions/ advice on which one is better to bring?

Also, do you bring your own water for the week?

Thanks so much!

Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:08 pm

Festival water is from artesian well and safe to drink. If you feel the need for sterilized water for some reason, Sprouts can probably boil some in a kettle for you.

Wagon or stroller are both useful. Personally, if it were just me and a kid, I'd go for the stroller. If you leave your stroller at Sprouts with your child, that also opens the possibility of strolling them to sleep at night or naptime, if that helps get them "out". (Only Michfest staff, not work shift volunteers, are allowed to take kids out of Sprouts like that.) The big wheels are also easier to move on lumpy land. And you can have a rain cover for the stroller (Protect a Bub makes a really nice nylon one.) But many folks find a wagon useful, so I think you can't go wrong with either. In either case, mark it (and everything else!) with your name.

--longtime Sprouts worker

Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:19 pm

We drink the well water at the festival. We brought bottled water back when they were little enough that we were using formula.

We also did a jog stroller (then double jog stroller when 2nd baby came) and it worked great. Kid could recline and sleep in it. Basket underneath could hold some gear, we used it to run for ice. Last year when the kids were 3 and 5 we brought a wagon. We thought, with the kids bigger, that a wagon would be easier to pull than a stroller would be to push. They mainly walked but rode some and we could use it to haul stuff or it would be our little home base while we were away from the tent. With either, they can sit while eating or watching at the stages. Both work well-I think for littler babies or kids, use a stroller and for bigger kids, use a wagon. Or whatever is easier to haul to fest! Good luck!

Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:58 pm

Thanks so much for your feedback! Stroller it is! :) See everyone in a few days! :)

Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:18 am

We did a stroller last year, and will do it again this year (this time, a double!) -- it was invaluable. The reclining seats were great for long days and evenings. We also had a rain cover for our stroller, and last year, it DEFINITELY came in handy!

Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:56 pm

i carried my kid the first two years (9mo and 21mos). i used a wagon the next year- no rain cover or belt which would have been nice when my kid wanted to stand.

Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]