View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
tent closet, not a tent as a closet but a closet in a tent. 

BB

I bought one of those to this year. Sooo excited to have my clothes organized!

JoJo

Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:16 pm
Site Admin

i lost mine.. bummed

Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:20 pm
Profile WWW

colleen wrote:
Minimalist solution: cardboard boxes. No cost, no resources used. No space in your packing.
Fest uses hundreds of them. First you can use big flat pieces (from the recycling areas or kitchen area or store area) to make tent "rugs". Easy to shake out and they protect your tent floor, feel good underfoot. Then select boxes that haven't been broken down yet, for all sorts of tent-storage categories: bedside items, rain gear, shoes, paper stuff, ziplocked clothing bags (the XL are very handy). They line up along the edge of your tent neatly, make tent cleanup easy.

Then on Sunday, you flatten your boxes and return them to recycling collection points.

PS a small flat box is a good doormat outside your tent door, just tip it up under the side of your rainfly if it's where it could get rained on, when not in use.

Colleen I really appreciate all of the useful and cost effective tips you are providing, I think I will use the cardboard box storage method.

Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:39 pm

Re: cardboard boxes - they tend to absorb moisture, therefore becoming soft as the week progresses. Outside the tent, if they get wet, they're no good.
I just discovered at an office supply store a collapsible plastic crate (like a milk crate) that's light weight and easy to pack - can be used as a table or for storage. For the later, I found at a yard sale, a long collapsible net tube with sections and a cubby hole for each section. I'm going to try this for hanging storage

Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:02 pm
Profile WWW

Lots of possibilities. I've always been a worker, so camping for 2-4 weeks, and never had my boxes go mushy. But I didn't stack them, just had them lined up, open side up, grouping paper stuff, bedside stuff, rain gear, shoes and boots, sealed up food items like canned drinks. Clothing was all in big zip locks, in my suitcase, which was laid flat by the side of the tent. I think the plastic bags would be slippery if stacked on some sort of "shelves", and without the baggies, things can get damp fast. I used cardboard boxes for most of my 12 years as a worker.
Of course, I flew, so not having extra gear to carry was a big plus. With a car, it could be different.
I used a net "pop up" hamper for dirty clothes.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:34 pm

This year my gf is coming with me so we are getting a bigger tent. I’ve been looking at the ones with 2 rooms and screen porch. I’m starting to play “home designer”. With a screen room to serve as living room I can leave the ezup at home (one less thing to haul) and with two rooms on the inside we have a bedroom & dressing room/middle of the night restroom! Hmmmm, what new stuff will I need for the new rooms… you all have me thinking :-)

Tue May 13, 2014 9:42 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2