View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Swimming 

First-timer...and I haven't seen any mention of swimming. Guess I was kinda of picturing a pond or stream. Let me know if you know. Pack the bathing suit, or not? Thanks, N

Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:56 pm

There's no place to swim on the Land. There are places around the Land that are near lakes or the big Lake Michigan.

Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:07 pm

I'm leaving the land Thursday for a day trip to the Lake at Silver Lake State Park - I've never seen Lake Michigan - If you want to go meet me at Triangle at 10 am Thursday.

Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:19 pm
Profile WWW

If you want to see and swim in Lake Michigan, don't go to Silver Lake State Park, go to Claybanks Campground in New Era. It's about 1/2 hour drive from fest, easy to get to. . .lots of festies camp there before and after fest, day use is free there, it is a GORGEOUS stretch of beach with hardly anyone on it . . .I grew up in California and Hawaii, have sea kayaked in MANY places, and the Lake Michigan beach at Claybanks is one of my all-time favorite beaches in the world. . .really.

Tropidyke, I can tell you more about it when I see you on the land. Or email me.

http://www.claybankstownship.org/park.php

Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:58 pm

Thanks SKW - then it's definitely Claybanks.

Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:59 am
Profile WWW

tropidyke, the beach in Pentwater is very nice as well, free if one parks on the street (which is easily available) and the tiny village of Pentwater offers some nice amenities (for example, if you should need or want to do a quick load of laundry before/after hitting the beach, there's a small 24hr place right as one enters the village, with wi-fi.) It's probably not as gorgeous to most eyes as the beach at Claybanks, but on a week day it won't be crowded and is also about a 1/2 hour drive right down the road from the festival. (If you want to see some big, impressive dunes, though, go to Silver Lake, which is a bit of a drive from the festival.) Nothing like being spoiled for choice when one is on vacation!

Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:37 pm

Thanks wrinkles - I always go to Pentwater for lunch on the Monday after festival.

Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:37 pm
Profile WWW

There is a sweet little lake a mile or two from the land called School Section Lake.

Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:27 pm

I'll see what's going on but I'd love to go swimming~

Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]