View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
stores 

Wondering about what's for sale at Festival. I've read there's a Country Tree & a Saints? Are these two different "stores" and what do they sell in terms of food? I read you can buy ice, so that's really helpful. I'm guessing you have to buy the whole 10lb bag...not able to get just a large ziploc full? Thanks, N

Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:02 pm

The Saints stores (there are two, one at night stage and one near Day stage) are snack bars. They have things like sodas, coffee, bagel dogs, Amy's breakfast burritos, etc. Country Store has ice (I think they are 5lb bags, but I could be wrong about that & no you can't just buy a baggie full - you could however find others who want to split a bag with you. I think they were $2 last year.), they also sell all the stuff you forgot to bring, feast wear, souvenirs and more.

If you've not got your hands on the Tips for First-Timers I would download that and request to join the closed facebook page if you've not already done that. I bounce back and forth between the BB and FB as I find both very useful!

Welcome Home!

Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:31 pm
Profile WWW

Would love to join closed FB page. How do I find it? And thanks for info (:

Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:44 pm

This BB is public and I don't want to put that info here, so find me on fb https://www.facebook.com/Here2B.Visionary.Leader and I'll connect you.

Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:51 pm
Profile WWW

OK, here's a long post answering your question in way too much detail. ;o)

Yep, the Cuntree Store sells bags of ice (nope, nothing smaller than a full bag, sadly), ice cream (and non-dairy subs like rice dream or something like that and ice pops and fudgesicles - and usually a sugar-free version of something cold too) in single serving and pint sizes. They carry an impressive array of snacks - usually Newman's Own and Barbara's brands of salty and crunchy snacks (popcorn, cheese puffs, pretzels, etc.), nuts, cans of tuna, deviled ham and chicken, chocolate and candy of various descriptions, Slim Jims and jerky treats, etc.

They also sell batteries, sunscreen, bug spray, tents and camping supplies (they are a licensed Eureka dealer and sell one or two models close to or at cost) including tarps, stakes, rope, etc. Batteries, sand chairs for the stages (usually two different kinds - including a type that is supposed to be able to handle over 200 lbs), flashlights, paper plates and utensils, cigarette lighters, cigarettes, post cards (and postage - and you can mail them off the Land there), mugs, calendars, hats, travel mugs, regular mugs, drinking glasses, sunglasses, and all Festi-Wear (t-shirts, sweatshirts, jackets, shorts, pants, etc.)...and probably a whole bunch of other stuff I can't even remember. Suffice it to say, if you forget it at home, and if you have some cash on ya, you're covered. Things could be priced gougier than they are for sure - but they aren't...things aren't super cheap either (hey, I don't expect Fest to take a loss and offering these things for purchase is a service they provide, I don't expect it to be cheap) but I think prices are fair for the middle of the woods. ;o)

In addition, the Cuntree Store (which is located by Night Stage) has an insulated pushcart and they sell their frozen treats at the Day Stage near Crafts midday and near the Main Kitchen during dinner. Otherwise, they are open until the last set at Night Stage.

Saints has two locations, one right next to the Cuntree Store at Night Stage and right by the Community Center (near Crafts and Day Stage and across from DART Downtown). Saints sells coffee/tea/juice/soda along with donuts/muffins/cookies/pastries/bagels and a few microwavable boxed foods (they set up a few microwaves along one side for use with their purchased products only - at both locations) like bagel dogs and burritos and hot pockets and also some small snack size bags of chips. Last year, for the first time, they also sold fresh sandwiches made in Hart that were brought in fresh everyday. There was one meat choice and one veggie choice, I think. I tried one turkey sandwich because I didn't want to leave Day Stage and go get lunch...it was pretty darn good for a pre-made sandwich...I think it came with a bag of chips too...maybe for $7 or something like that. Nice option if you need a bit more protein for lunch here and there (though adding tuna to the salads they provide is another great way to do that, btw - you can bring those pouches or buy some tuna at the Cuntree Store).

The water that comes up from the wells is usually pretty delicious and there are spigots all over the Land. Bring a water bottle to have some on hand at all times (or buy a water bottle at the Cuntree Store! ;o)...because when it is very hot and humid, you have to keep drinking out there (seriously, you have to keep hydrated or bad things will happen).

The Womb can provide over the counter medications and also medicinal teas (they always have teas on hand for common stuff like colds, cramps, digestive issues and other stuff) and other natural health stuff (like clay for bug bites, garlic for yeast infections, etc) - all services and products there are free of charge. They also have body workers for limited necessary treatments (you can pay for spa services like massages and other body work at the massage tent in the Crafts area - the services at the Womb are for folks who need medical treatment and are very short term). If you need an cold pack for a bruise/sprain, you can get that at the Womb - they are there for all first aid care.

You'd think I covered everything...but who knows, I might have missed something! ;o) Feel free to ask more questions and hey, if I forgot anything or got anything wrong - please jump in and help sisters!

Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:01 pm

Attn: unitynme...I sent you a msg via FB but I think it went to your "other" folder, so check there. I appreciate the help finding the FB group. Cheers, twt

Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:55 pm

You guys ROCK!
Thank you for all of your time a detailed info here in the forums!!!!

It really helps!

((HUG))

Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:35 pm

Sure, happy to help sisters make the most out of their virgin year!

The thing is...you really just have no idea until you experience Fest for yourself. And you only get to experience it for the first time once.

If that post can just keep one virgin from stressing out about leaving something at home, or being able to have coffee everyday, that's a good thing. :o)

Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:48 am

I really wish we had "thumbs up" button on the BB :-)

Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:31 pm
Profile WWW

Two thumbs UP!!!! :D

Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]